T9 308 1.2 Puretech issues?

I think it's probably too soon to conclude that version three of the belt (2017) and cog design has fixed the problem.

It's just not subject to the recall action currently in place.
Yep it will come, it’s a shame they can’t (someone aftermarket can’t) make a Ford type chain retrofit kit. We had never seen a car that used the total first oil have a problem not saying it doesn’t happen but all our serviced cars have been fine.

IIRC There have been 3 versions of the belt in question. I believe the issue was that the first version started showing visible cracks long before replacement time. There was a recall and the revised belt turned out was fraying at the edges.

My understanding is that the 3rd revision is good and all models post 2016 should have the correct belt.”
Hi BarryC.

I am not suggesting that you need to floor it to 100k from rest all of the time.

But the commonly used test results of acceleration from rest to 100km/h and also the kW/Tonne are convenient measurements to compare different vehicles and to also make other relative performance assessments.

I wasn't saying the 2008 is not a nice vehicle, its just that different owners desire different things from the vehicles that they prefer to drive. Not better or worse, just different.

I know that you enjoy your 2008 and it fulfills your objectives. We chose it over a Mazda CX3, and are happy with it. Mrs Whippet enjoys the higher driving position and the ease of parking. I consider that the turbocharger really assists in traffic drivability with torque from low RPM. But if someone ranks performance over other criteria, then the 1.2Lt will disappoint. Hence its not my sort of vehicle.
Hi BarryC.

I am not suggesting that you need to floor it to 100k from rest all of the time.

But the commonly used test results of acceleration from rest to 100km/h and also the kW/Tonne are convenient measurements to compare different vehicles and to also make other relative performance assessments.

I wasn't saying the 2008 is not a nice vehicle, its just that different owners desire different things from the vehicles that they prefer to drive. Not better or worse, just different.

I know that you enjoy your 2008 and it fulfills your objectives. We chose it over a Mazda CX3, and are happy with it. Mrs Whippet enjoys the higher driving position and the ease of parking. I consider that the turbocharger really assists in traffic drivability with torque from low RPM. But if someone ranks performance over other criteria, then the 1.2Lt will disappoint. Hence its not my sort of vehicle.
Fair enough. If I had my time and excess money, I’d own a 404 and one of the GTIs ..... but needs must. Cheers