Swapping BSI and vin coding

Sir, we salute you! Most impressive.

Cheers

Alec

Alec, what is the "quick release positive clamp" to which you referred?

Thanks

Anyone can answer that.

Most ternimals have a nut and bolt to keep them tight. The quick release has a lever, a sort of flip lid if you like, with an eccentric on the side. When you push it down, it locks. Flip it up and it releases.

Alec, what is the "quick release positive clamp" to which you referred?

Thanks

It's a battery terminal clamp, not a mood modifier, although when it releases unexpectedly it affects my mood :mad:.

Good evening all!

I have an issue on my 2006 307 2.0hdi 136 with only 89k that is likely related to the BSI. I have been searching the interwebs for hours but it really has me puzzled.

After replacing the battery the dashboard controls don't work properly. Main screen in middle of dash works but aircon control screen and instrument cluster don't work at all. Lights are on when the lever is on the off position and the windows work intermittently. I tried doing the BSI reset procedure about 20 times and changed fuse 24 but no luck at all.

I would highly appreciate your experiences with this issue, I am located on the Gold Coast in QLD.

Cheers

Good evening all!

I have an issue on my 2006 307 2.0hdi 136 with only 89k that is likely related to the BSI. I have been searching the interwebs for hours but it really has me puzzled.

After replacing the battery the dashboard controls don't work properly. Main screen in middle of dash works but aircon control screen and instrument cluster don't work at all. Lights are on when the lever is on the off position and the windows work intermittently. I tried doing the BSI reset procedure about 20 times and changed fuse 24 but no luck at all.

I would highly appreciate your experiences with this issue, I am located on the Gold Coast in QLD.

Cheers
Is the car running or only sitting in economy mode? Hence windows don't work and cluster not working.

What issues did this vehicle have before the battery was replaced as sounding more like a vehicle from the auction with no history.

Replacing the battery on an 06 would not cause additional issues.

Get car scanned and check if any relevant error codes and try all functions with engine running.