Stylin'

Uga Boga said:
PSA - central boss steering wheel...

Isn't the boss usually in the centre of the steering wheel? :joker:

No I know what you mean. Interesting that they didn't use the fixed hub design like in the C4.

Troy.

TroyO said:
Isn't the boss usually in the centre of the steering wheel? :joker:

No I know what you mean. Interesting that they didn't use the fixed hub design like in the C4.

Troy.

:joker: :joker:

I think they didn't use the fixed hub design, because it's a bit too quirky for a prestige vehicle. I think it would look out of place. It fits well in the C4, as it goes hand in hand with the LCD speedo..

Uga Boga said:
I think they didn't use the fixed hub design, because it's a bit too quirky for a prestige vehicle. I think it would look out of place. It fits well in the C4, as it goes hand in hand with the LCD speedo..
The C6 has a digital speedo and a heads-up display. I would have thought the fixed hub steering wheel wouldn't have been to much of a challenge. I guess the target audience is very conservative.

Attachments

• C6_21.jpg
    C6_21.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 250
Uga Boga said:

Ah yes, you can't get too quirky at the prestige end of the market. At that end the buyers tend to be conservative.

Troy.

TroyO said:
Ah yes, you can't get too quirky at the prestige end of the market. At that end the buyers tend to be conservative.
I would have though a digital dash and heads-up display would have been a lot more quirky than a C4 like steering wheel.

kermit said:
I would have though a digital dash and heads-up display would have been a lot more quirky than a C4 like steering wheel.

I don't know. Digital display have been done alot before. So have heads-up displays, but to a much lesser extent. The fixed hub steering is quite unique.

Troy.

WOW - From that angle in the first shots it looks absloutely amazing! I really hope it does do well for Citroen in Australia and even around the world.

Has there been much interest in Australia for them yet?

Stalled

Uga Boga said:
hmm does it look like a 100k car? the interior is quite plain in my opinion, i find the interior in my C4 more interesting...

wait untill you sit in it and take it for a drive.:headbang:
In the UK, the 607 is GBP25K, the lead in C6 is GBP32,
It will be 90-90K here, I would imagine
Better and more equipped than a 5 series 520, more comfortable than an E Class, and more reliable than an Alfa

danielsydney said:
I love those pictures david where did you get them very classy car indeed cant wait for it to be sold here. I think its going to be another "peugeot 607 type". Very exp and not many of them. I love it anyhow. :)

Is that Melissa Tkautz in your photo:tongue: ? She is hot, bit 1989, but hot, esp in that new song

kermit said:
I really can't imagine Citroen Oz selling a 100k car. Not prestiges enough will be the general perception.

yes. they will probably sell 1 a month, unfortunately. It's a shame Australia is so status driven and those cars which are percieved to be luxury. I would rather a 2.8 turbo diesel C6 over a base model 5 series, or E class anytime. The C6 will be packed with as much,, if not more (esp considering BMW crazy option prices) techoTGV as an S class or 7 series and 1/2 the price.:adrink: :adrink:
The C6:headbang: back seats are more comfortable than any car I have been in, besides a Maybach.

TroyO said:
Peugeot quality is not much different to Citroen, seriously.

Troy.

At least you admit there is a difference! :joker:

I'm considering buying a C6... just for the unique factor, but gee.. depreciation will be a killer... (I'll trade the S-Type in)

Uga Boga said:
At least you admit there is a difference! :joker:

I didn't say Citroen had better quality. :whip:

Uga Boga said:
I'm considering buying a C6... just for the unique factor, but gee.. depreciation will be a killer... (I'll trade the S-Type in)

If depreciation is anything like the XM then you would be better waiting and buying one second hand. Let someone else "absorb" the depreciation ;)

Troy.

Davide Perinet said:
yes. they will probably sell 1 a month, unfortunately. It's a shame Australia is so status driven and those cars which are percieved to be luxury. I would rather a 2.8 turbo diesel C6 over a base model 5 series, or E class anytime. The C6 will be packed with as much,, if not more (esp considering BMW crazy option prices) techoTGV as an S class or 7 series and 1/2 the price.:adrink: :adrink:
The C6:headbang: back seats are more comfortable than any car I have been in, besides a Maybach.

Wow, you have been in a Maybach? Was it a 57 or 62?

Seriously though, should probably wait for full pricing and specifications before getting too excited. I can't wait to see it out here though. Looks awesome.

TroyO said:
I didn't say Citroen had better quality. :whip:

If depreciation is anything like the XM then you would be better waiting and buying one second hand. Let someone else "absorb" the depreciation ;)

Troy.

I doubt anyone is going to absorb the depreciation tho :joker:

Sergetov said:
Wow, you have been in a Maybach? Was it a 57 or 62?

Seriously though, should probably wait for full pricing and specifications before getting too excited. I can't wait to see it out here though. Looks awesome.

It was a 57, sitting on the back seats was like getting into bed. Realistically though, not worth 3 times as much as an S600. Quality of fit n finish was absolutely incredible. Hitler:mad: would have been dam proud.

Davide Perinet said:
wait untill you sit in it and take it for a drive.:headbang:
In the UK, the 607 is GBP25K, the lead in C6 is GBP32,
It will be 90-90K here, I would imagine
Better and more equipped than a 5 series 520, more comfortable than an E Class, and more reliable than an Alfa
Rather hoped it would be better equipped than an Alfa, more comfortable than a 5 series and more reliable than an E-class. Now that *would* be something.