Stylin'

Davide Perinet

Fellow Frogger
C6-002.jpg
C6-001.jpg

hmm does it look like a 100k car? the interior is quite plain in my opinion, i find the interior in my C4 more interesting...

I like the C6 though it still has some fussyness about it. Like the fog lights either side of the number plate - imagine how that will look Down Under with non-eoru style plates fitted - and those reflectors in the lower half of the bumper. Sort thing you see on a Commodore when they have forgotten about them until the very last minute. Also the centre console isn't special enough, but for economies of scale they had to use the 407/C5 bits.

kermit said:
I like the C6 though it still has some fussyness about it. Like the fog lights either side of the number plate - imagine how that will look Down Under with non-eoru style plates fitted - and those reflectors in the lower half of the bumper. Sort thing you see on a Commodore when they have forgotten about them until the very last minute. Also the centre console isn't special enough, but for economies of scale they had to use the 407/C5 bits.

Good point. The fitting of the 407/C5 interior parts is also very dodgy, doesn't represent a 100k car... as far as i'm concerned. There are better options in that price range..

Uga Boga said:
Good point. The fitting of the 407/C5 interior parts is also very dodgy, doesn't represent a 100k car... as far as i'm concerned. There are better options in that price range..
I think in Oz it will be an $80k car, a competitor to the 607. It will still only be worth $60k in real terms. A good secondhand buy.

Uga Boga said:

Come to think of it, does the C6 use COM2000?

Troy.

I love those pictures david where did you get them very classy car indeed cant wait for it to be sold here. I think its going to be another "peugeot 607 type". Very exp and not many of them. I love it anyhow. :)

kermit said:
I haven't seen any up-close interior photos to say a definitive yes, but every other PSA car Down Under does.
Found this interior shot. Looks like the familiar PSA switch gear on the steering column.

Attachments

• C6_98.jpg
    C6_98.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 250
kermit said:
Found this interior shot. Looks like the familiar PSA switch gear on the steering column.

Centre airvents could have come from a previous generation VW Passat and the auto stick could've come from a Magna too :)

Those airvents are a joke! ugh!

Sensational looking car on the outside though.

Like the Alfa 166, I think it will be rare, but its a cool sight every time you see one.

Sergetov said:
Those airvents are a joke! ugh!
Well Aston Martin use Volvo airvents and electric window switches in the V8 Vantage, DB9, and Vanquish. I wonder how many AM owners know. I bet if you looked hard enough you'd probably find a Ford badge on something.

wouldnt they have used the same technology as they used in the C4 regarding the steering wheel?? especially since it does have mounted controls

kermit said:
Well Aston Martin use Volvo airvents and electric window switches in the V8 Vantage, DB9, and Vanquish. I wonder how many AM owners know. I bet if you looked hard enough you'd probably find a Ford badge on something.

...and a pedant like me noticed the S40's accelerator pedal looks awfully like a Focus' one :)

All the components you can't see, touch or smell basically are worth sharing. I suspect cluey T5 owners might ask their Ford dealer next year for some engine parts if they need them. Having said that, there are differences in shared parts too - eg. the Fords that use the Volvo P2 platform have their suspension components made of steel versus the aluminium on the Volvos (lower unsprung weight).

Xsara VTR said:
wouldnt they have used the same technology as they used in the C4 regarding the steering wheel?? especially since it does have mounted controls
who is they and what same technology?