Sprngs for a 205 Gti

parry

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Calling all 205 experts.

Whats is the best spring for a 205 and track work, the springs will be matched with a set of Koni yellow shocks.

Mainly track use, so a firm ride is no issue.

Thanks
Parry

From what I have been told Eibach springs are the way to go.

I've been going to look into this myself but haven't got around to it.

Where is the best place to get them from.

Parry, I hope you got the Konis from Ray? You won't get a better price anywhere. Ray is "da man". :D

Darren

Parry,

I've matched them with Eibach and can sing their praises. It's called a Pro-Kit and comes for about $450 from car shine in Melb. They drop the car by just under 3 inches and then u've gotta do the back to match (ofcourse). Have fun.

Yeah Eibach and H&R are suppopsed to be really good, I have a set of custom springs, they worked out to be the cheapest way to go from Industrial Springs under their Aurora brand, they are 10% heavier than stock and has lowered the front by 30mm,but there usually is a month's wait to have them made though, so if want them now I'd go Eibach.

$350 the pair for Eibach front springs.
RRP is $450, but fellow froggers don't pay RRP :D
Mail me if you want a set..
Only available off the shelf for series 1 205's, up to 1990.
12 week wait for series 2/3 1990 onwards...

Cheers
Adrian Colman :) :)

Yeah the springs, Two-oh, from Eibach would have come in two types... the ones for the 14 and ones for the 15's. I'm saying leave the Eibach springs that they made for the 14's should be left alone b/c they would have been refined with regards to the ride height for the 15's.

I spoke to Eibach today, (Instead of getting information second hand through the distributor.)

The series 1 listing is until 12/1987, and the series 2 listing is 12/1987 onwards.

They told me it had nothing to do with the wheel size, but the engine weight.

Is this true?? :confused:

What year did the XU9JAZ motor come out??
Was it heavier than the earlier motor??

Eibach said they would not have stock until early November... :mad:

Cheers
Adrian Colman

Im looking at getting springs made up, can we get the specs for the eibachs? ie: Pounds and length.

Cost of making the spings is about $140

Hey Parry where are you having them made. Industrial Springs in Adelaide has all the specs to make the springs, just that i cannot remember them :confused: An email to Eibach will probably get the answer for you.

I will have a chat to Lovell springs at Homebush and see what they have.

They can make springs to any spec you want.

Parry.

It might be worth a call to King Springs as well.

I'll look around down stairs tonite for the packaging stuff Parry.. maybe thet'll have the dimentions etc... if u can waiut til 2moro that is.

I willing to wait, dont get paid until the 15th, and Im short on cash at the moment

Parry,

I dont think its going to be as simple as the off the shelf item considering what you want to do to the car.
Unless you are very certain the new motor will not weigh more, the springs rate/load may not suit the 205.

I would have to agree with Puls8r go coilovers.

<small>[ 23 July 2003, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: tekkie ]</small>

Coilovers ARE the ultimate when it comes to track suspension, BUT the cost is huge!!! eek!

Personally, I couldn't justify the additional cost for the gain you would get over custom springs.

Darren