should I give up?

Originally posted by macquered:
[QB]Cheap 505;

I found this advert for a 505 on the Toymods forum, someone in here mya be interested. Not sure what gearbox it has though.
QB]<hr></blockquote>

I'm actually going to look at that 505 tommorrow. It's a maroon (dark red) 5 speed STi and they're asking $400 for it. It ran out of rego last week. It needs a new fuel gauge, a new drivers door handle, and a leak or two fixed. The body is apparently OK.

A friend of mine wants the engine and gearbox to put in his 203 ute (which presently has a Holden 186 or 202 six). If the body is any good, I might use it. We'll see. It looks like I might have a 505 for $100 after we split the costs.

Njm,

If you want, I can take pics of it and send them to you. If the body is not rusty and you like it, I can fit a 4 speed box for you, all you then need to do is find a good engine and get it registered. I know where there's a 2849cc V6 in a wreckers you can get for $220 (although the injection and starter motor, etc, might cost another $150 or so). I'm very tempted myself.

Dave

NJM: I recall being in a similar situation about 12 months ago. A decent 505 is hard to come by - it took me 3 months of scouring every corner of the country to find one ...and I eventually found one just down the road ;) I too had moments of weakness and almost bought an old saab 9000 turbo. Hang in there, you'll find what you're looking for. It might even be just down the road. ...or perhaps (even better) in the guise of a 505 sti with a PRV V6 - waaaayyyy more plush than a 505 GR! Then you can spend your days looking for a decent set of 15x6 alloy wheels as you too will have your own set of the much dreaded 390's. hehehehohohoho!