RS Clio - MY4 Off the road!

hands up who has tried a "blue steel" after seeing that movie? hands up who actually did it in front of a mirror?

I reckon Dave went and tried before the video even finished wink

HAHA! Oh really!?

I've got nuthin' Lincoln. (Not to say its true. but just got no comeback!!)

frown

Hey,

unforunately NO news as yet. The service ppl are being real pricks & treating us like shit! No courtesy car, and they haven't even LOOKED at the car yet. it's been sitting waiting for them since Monday afternoon.

I've been at their throat for an answer, and a loan car. As to - has my father - who's business the car is insured & financed under.

This is a very angry & frustrated MY4 signing out.

frown

using the words of the certain truck maker's ad's

"BUGGER"

. It is a tad sad that the car manufacturers dont support the products especially if the fault seems to be under warranty and blatantly caused by normal use failure. Getting an answer to what is wrong would seem to be the least they could/should provide within 24hr of the vehicle drop off.

Good luck.

How many days has the car been admitted for?

For all the sagas I've had with the 307, the dealer has tried. When it was once stuck in for three days, at least I had the 206 to keep me going. That is one point I like about the factory dealers - with a loan car, you can really get on with life.

Give Renault customer service a go. I've called them before, and they were helpful. They can pull strings.

Hope things go well. If they don't, don't put up and shut up - do something about it :)

Sounds like it might be time to give the Renault Australia hotline a call to discuss your problem.

1800 009 008

Apparently they can be very persuasive when they become involved with the dealer, and things start happening much quicker when the heavies get involved.

Sounds like my experience with Trivett and my VW Golf GTI problems. A lot of these dealers are so busy they can't handle emergency repairs like yours. It really is poor form for service departments to work like that.

My only advise is don't take it back to that dealer and shop around. I eventually found that Denlo Parramatta were very good with meeting my needs for the Golf.

oh, and with my problems with the Golf, I went through my Salesman initially, so I got a demo car and then a courtesy car whilst they repaired the major fault.

hi guys,

well - today i spoke with the service ppl - after attempting to play the waiting game - hoping they'd call me with some news for once, instead of me constantly trying to gain information.

They tell me that the gear box is now in pieces & that they, quote: 'may have' requested authorisation for Renault Australia to order some parts in for the car. He tells me that they have to do this, as it an expensive claim. Then, on top of this - he doesn't know if the parts will be coming from Melbourne, or France (which - as you could imagine - has a huge impact on how long this will take to be fixed).

Either way, sounds to me that they're taking the slow lane for every step of this annoying frikin' problem.

So - he tells me he'll get back to me with further news. (YEAH RIGHT). I'm sure i'll have to call him mid-week to see if he's lost his finger, or better yet WHOLE frikin' hand up his ARSE!!!

YES, as you can tell i am NOT HAPPY JAN!

:mad:

i was at John Cant local dealership, talking to the mechanics which i know quite well... and a Berlingo came in with a whining gearbox, they swapped the gearbox for a new one that morning....

Maybe Citroen has different warranty claim procedures! but they did this on the spot!

HOLY SHITE-BURGER!

Wow, well the way things are dragging on snail , i may end up trading the Clio in for a Citroen!!

my 4 i hope things get better those guys seem like the biggest d**kheads in the world

Ahh gearbox sagas, my speciality.

I had plenty of visits related to the gearbox. One time I had to put the car in for several days, and I had a 306 & 206 during that time (swapped the 306 for a 206 just to see what it was like). They gave me a loan vehicle straight away and were happy to let me keep it as the car's repairs were delayed - keeping me informed during the process.

It went like this.

Day 1 - diagnosed problem. Contact PAA (HQ)
Day 2 - get PAA's approval - PAA send parts.
Day 3 - work on car
Day 4 - get car back

Transmission components are pretty expensive (my warranty bill is not small) - I do believe that they do need to ask for authorisation, but that "may need to" would really annoy me - ie. "make up your bloody mind if you're going to ask them". I don't care where the parts are coming from - send them. Peugeot are good in this respect - if you really need parts (ie. car cannot be driven), they will send them from SYD overnight, or from France within 3 working days (a 307 came in on Friday, went back out on Monday with parts sent from France).

Don't sit there and do nothing - you don't deserve it, but if they're going to be useless now, they're not going to change if you do nothing. You can make noise here, but we can't really do anything - we have no power (driving a 307 1.6 auto, I literally have no power :D ).

Call Renault Oz. Get a loan car. I'd hate to quote a bank's slogan, but "Make it happen!"

Howdy,

Thanks for the kind words and advice guys!

I'm Sorry, i haven't clarified very well here...i did rin Renault HQ (well - my father did, with his persuasive manner!!) And ihave actually got a loan car now. Which I've had since Friday. BUT this aside, it's all starting to irritate me the way they appear to be doing nothing about my car.

Anyhow. Definately will look at contacting HQ either tomorrow (Tues) or Wednesday to see if they had even been contacted to approve the work that needs to be done. This way I can check on the slimey bastards!

:) Have a nice day!

tell em you don't want the car anymore .... but to give you a "new" one instead .... !?

i can't believe how ordinary this is ... and certainly would make me think twice about purchasing a RS in the future.

Hello Froggers,

UPDATE:
I've pretty much handed all the negotiation over to my father, who has a way of dealing with ASSHOLES.
So...my father spoke with the service manager yesterday. My dad asked what the status/situation was & the service manager told us that the authorisation still had not come thru from Renault to fix/replace the gear box.
They then tried to point the finger to blame me...
He asked how i drive the car - and suggested that I race it!! - He then said that some of his mechanics had seen me racing the car at the Eastern Creek Dragstrip! What the **** ?!?!!?!?! Excuse my language, but ARE YOU SERIOUS? My father obviously told him that they have no idea what they're talking about & to get his information right before he throws any shit like that around.

When i found out about this suggestion, i couldn't believe my ears!! They are now making up stories to try to f*#k us over, what assholes!

So - my father rang the HQ - Renault & told him what he's had to put up with & demanded an answer on the situation. Renault then told my father that we will be getting a brand new gear box in the car now & that it's been authorised.
He also found out that the service manager @ the service centre had been trying to pass on some of these bullshit stories to avoid replacing the gearbox under warranty!

My father rang a few ppl after this to tell them what had happened & work out where we stand. He spoke with his Volvo dealers/service people who couldn't believe what we're going thru. They said that if I had mistreated the car - it'd be more likely that the clutch & tyres would be completely recked before the gear box. So there's something wrong!

Anyhow, that's my update for today...will let you know howo things come along. Apparently the car should be ready by Thursday (24th).

Hopefully i'll be back for a new cruise if anyone is still keen to do one?!

Have a great day all!

Wow.

That's bloody appauling that they accuse you of causing the damage because you allegedly raced the car. I'd be bloody insulted if they accused me of doing something like that when I hadn't.

Remind me never to touch this place if I ever have to buy a Renault in Sydney. Do they sell any other cars, I won't buy them from that mob either :)

Ashley T, to be honest though, this gearbox saga, as annoying as it is, really isn't grounds for replacement of the entire car.

For all the sagas the 307 caused, now I realise how lucky I am to have had a reasonable dealer. They might not have the designer furniture or cappucino machines (not that I drink coffee), but the fundamentals are sound.

Regards,

Justin

BTW: Gee, we do seem to have quite a few Aussiefroggers with Volvo driving parents :)

Thanks for the reply PUG307!

I was REALLY insulted by the comments & allegations & will make sure i get a formal apology from the pricks too.

BTW: Gee, we do seem to have quite a few Aussiefroggers with Volvo driving parents
Hahaa, very true! Not that there's anything wrong with this at all! My dad's got the CrossCountry 4WD, which is a fantastic piece of work...

As for avoiding the dealer/service ppl...The car was bought from the "Lincorp Automotive" group, who are based in Church St (Auto Alley) Parramatta. They deal with Renault, Jeep, Nissan, Mitsubishi & quite a few other makes.

Consequently - the service centre is not exclusively for Renault, which brings a lot of problems. Including - which seems to be a lack of knowledge with the cars ins & outs - and too wider range of cars which they service.
I mean, with the range of makes that they service every day - there is only 3 courtesy cars that they loan out at any one time. How bizzare is that?

I will DEFINATELY be taking the car elsewhere the minute i get it back & on top of this i will be taking the car to the new service centre immediately to ensure that the car has been properly dealt with & all problems are nowhere near evident.

My advice is: steer clear of this Parramatta dealership & there's plenty closer to the city, Hornsby and/or northern/southern beaches. Which i assume is where i will be taking it from now on in. It is however, a real shame that i should have to do this to begin with. The location of the Parramatta dealer really suits my location alot more, but what can u do?