Resurfacing of Fuego Cylinder head.

Haakon:
Better off to use something like a current Astra (which will be fairly new from a Holden wrecker) caliper and the Astra disc (right stud pattern and for a FWD)
The current Astra has a 5 stud pattern??? mallet

Haakon:
Originally posted by mistareno:
I was thinking rear disks of a E30 BMW. I want to be able to get service type parts easily.

Good idea (right stud pattern, but BMW use a separate drum for the handbrake which may complicate matters, plus its a rear drive setup, so mounting on the Fuego rear hub may be tricky. Plus its not Renault. Better off to use something like a current Astra (which will be fairly new from a Holden wrecker) caliper and the Astra disc (right stud pattern and for a FWD) or some R25 V6 discs that Ken @ Carrevelle has new.
R25 V6's have 5 stud wheels...

mistareno:

I am currently fitting SPAX adjustable coil-overs to the front and then I will upgrade the brakes. (more likely 25 front disks than laguna). Only when the thing stops and steers how I like it too will it come of the road for some "tinkering" in the engine department.
How much and where did you get them? are you doing the work yourself?

What has to be done to convert the rear drums to disc?

Yes I am doing the work myself. When they are all fitted, i will post some pics and the part numbers and prices. I've had the shocks for a while, I've just been to busy to fit them. Will keep u posted.

As an aside,
I know of a fuego turbo in Wellington NZ, with disc braked rear end, full length sunroof, quite tidy condition, with BBS wheels, upped boost etc going for around $3k......How much is the disc brake conversion going to cost from the BMW.

My friend who is prepping his fuego for racing has made a brake bias adjuster by putting a cable to the rear proportioning valve- viola! adjustment on the move.....

Ben

ps If you do start mixing and matching heads from R25's I'll be really keen to hear what works...Also how you get on with getting camshafts, as they have to 'built up' rather than ground down, a more difficult and costly experience.... so I believe.