Renault Megane GT220

COL

Alpine A110
VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
I decided to spoil myself with this little beauty. Caught the bus to Hobart yesterday and drove it home.
20221002_142714.jpg

20221002_142725.jpg
20221002_142805.jpg

20221002_155818.jpg

I decided to spoil myself with this little beauty. Caught the bus to Hobart yesterday and drove it home.
View attachment 210836
View attachment 210835View attachment 210834
View attachment 210833
I think I saw that for sale a while ago. A rare colour that was originally a Renault press car if I remember the ad right? A few kms on it but mostly Huon to Hobart commuting use.

I’ve come mighty close to buying one of these a bunch of times… Fast wagons are about as cool as it gets.

They would benefit from having the Perfohub from the proper Sport models retrofitted, they’re pretty unruly torque steer wise when you get on it ;)

I think I saw that for sale a while ago. A rare colour that was originally a Renault press car if I remember the ad right? A few kms on it but mostly Huon to Hobart commuting use.

I’ve come mighty close to buying one of these a bunch of times… Fast wagons are about as cool as it gets.
Was for sale for a while, originally sold by Ballarat Renault. Its a unique colour to Australia, also does not have the number sticker in the front console (I think there was 220 of these for sale in Australia). Has 131,000 Km on the odometer, used to commute to work from Huon to Hobart on country roads.

Had a leisurely drive home from Hobart up through Cambridge, Richmond, Campania, Colebrook, up the Midland highway roadworks to home.

Was for sale for a while, originally sold by Ballarat Renault. Its a unique colour to Australia, also does not have the number sticker in the front console (I think there was 220 of these for sale in Australia). Has 131,000 Km on the odometer, used to commute to work from Huon to Hobart on country roads.

Had a leisurely drive home from Hobart up through Cambridge, Richmond, Campania, Colebrook, up the Midland highway roadworks to home.
Surprised it was still for sale, was a while ago I saw the ad! There was a nice low kms white one at Grays in Melbourne a couple of years ago that went for cheap, had to exercise restraint! We have the Giulietta and no need for two cars, so I'll be good and spend the money on the renovations type of Reno.... :(

Reactions: COL
There was someone in France that retrofitted the good suspension and spicier engine from a Sport into one.

They would benefit from having the Perfohub from the proper Sport models retrofitted, they’re pretty unruly torque steer wise when you get on it ;)
My well modified Saab 900 Turbo used to change lanes of it's own accord under full throttle in the first 3 gears. That was half the fun of owning it.🤠🤠🤠

My well modified Saab 900 Turbo used to change lanes of it's own accord under full throttle in the first 3 gears. That was half the fun of owning it.🤠🤠🤠
I’ve driven a couple gt220 and they get pretty unruly on boost if the road has any sort of imperfections in it!

The Guilietta can get a squirrelly as well when really getting into it…

The Perfohub setup on the Sport models really is genius - about as good as a front drive McPherson strut can get.

That's a nice wagon, had been watching it for a while too.

Did you manage to get a few $$ off as I thought it was a little highly priced

Surprised it was still for sale, was a while ago I saw the ad! There was a nice low kms white one at Grays in Melbourne a couple of years ago that went for cheap, had to exercise restraint! We have the Giulietta and no need for two cars, so I'll be good and spend the money on the renovations type of Reno.... :(
or Panhard

I bought a 2013 pre facelift model for the Mrs mid last year and don't like it only because I think its been detuned to much down to 220 from a real sport of 265 and you feel it more so when you jump back into her old Meg ll 225 that we still have and its quicker than the 220.
When it comes to upgrades for the 220 to convert to 265 there's good news, they have exactly the same engine. Bad news, you'll need the gearbox, drive shafts, suspension, brakes, flared guards and most importantly, the ecu & uch and perhaps even the airbag module & steering column censor.
That seemed to hard, so I just bought two repairable write-offs, a stock Meg wagon and a Red Bull for a clone Red Bull Wagon. Haven't started on it yet, but hopefully in the new year.

I bought a 2013 pre facelift model for the Mrs mid last year and don't like it only because I think its been detuned to much down to 220 from a real sport of 265 and you feel it more so when you jump back into her old Meg ll 225 that we still have and its quicker than the 220.
When it comes to upgrades for the 220 to convert to 265 there's good news, they have exactly the same engine. Bad news, you'll need the gearbox, drive shafts, suspension, brakes, flared guards and most importantly, the ecu & uch and perhaps even the airbag module & steering column censor.
That seemed to hard, so I just bought two repairable write-offs, a stock Meg wagon and a Red Bull for a clone Red Bull Wagon. Haven't started on it yet, but hopefully in the new year.

I expect a detailed photo heavy built thread for that!!

The GT220 would be heavier that the RS225 so that would probably be enough to slow it down and also it has 5 bhp less. Not sure what the differences are in the mechanical side of the engines either.

The GT220 has a firm ride without being bone jarringly hard so reasonably comfortable on rough roads, I have ridden lesser cars that ride worse.

The GT220 is pretty much the same size as my Laguna, and looks like it will be able to carry as much cargo, which I find quite small in the RS cars.

I expect a detailed photo heavy built thread for that!!
I would love to see the build for this too.

I’ve only just started to strip a Clio RS 200 Cup Premium of leather seats, red seat belts, wheels, brakes, suspension, exhaust, side skirts, front & rear bumpers that will all go onto my daughters stock 3 cylinder 900cc Clio lV, so not for a while yet.
Col, the engines are exactly the same, F4RM874