Renault Floride project Sydney Marketplace.

Great to hear of another Floride / Caravelle being restored.
My Caravelle is getting a complete wash and detail because it will be the wedding car for my daughter's wedding this Saturday.
My daughter's Caravelle was not up to being finished for the event.

b01d44f6c5.jpg
This is gold
Im thinking of making a new chassis to emulate the original using heavy RHS say 2.5mm wall/plate to get more rigidity will ad about 50kgs but I think will be worth the effort and hardly look much different

I hope you will document the process for future use by others. :deal:

There was someone who did a partial new chassis on a Dauphine a few years ago and it looked quite doable.

You could also run some extra chassis rails, double skin stressed panels, add internal gussets, box some sections, add triangulation inside some of the folded sheet sections and double skin some floor sections. It is easier to pass rego requirements and a lot easier than building a new monocoque chassis.

DSC07130.JPG

Ill get to work on the initial cad work asap - given I now have some measurements - these are all very helpful ideas and suggestions - was thinking along these lines - will create patterns and templates for all to access - have a large mandrel roller around the crn so hoping to test and see if I can get a solid beam from end to end

There is a genuine Floride registered and on the Gold Coast.
That makes two then! Every other that I've seen is either a Caravelle or a Floravelle. A few dozen Caravelles and modified Florides vs two authentically restored Florides, at least as far as this post has been advised. Not surprising mind you.

I have a 1092 Floride but it is very rusty. I would like to restore it as it was originally. I have collected all the missing bits except a windscreen. Most Ozzies would scrap it but our UK brethren probably wouldn't. If I live long enough may be one day.

I have a 1092 Floride but it is very rusty. I would like to restore it as it was originally. I have collected all the missing bits except a windscreen. Most Ozzies would scrap it but our UK brethren probably wouldn't. If I live long enough may be one day.
After the 1063 replica..... :)

Definitely not before the 1063. But before the Fregate as it will be worth more money.:LOL:

The price might be a deciding factor. Yes for originality, no for operational ease. It has been said the 4 speed Gordini box is actually faster due to having syncro. But my cars are usually done on a budget so $$$$$.

The price might be a deciding factor. Yes for originality, no for operational ease. It has been said the 4 speed Gordini box is actually faster due to having syncro. But my cars are usually done on a budget so $$$$$.
Mr Jim has one of his rebuilt DG boxes for sale too if I recall. It would be a whole lot more usable and sellable I'd think.

The person that I bought the 4CV from was a gearbox technical sales consultant for a gearbox company and had my box fully reconditioned. So I imagine it'll be fine.

The person that I bought the 4CV from was a gearbox technical sales consultant for a gearbox company and had my box fully reconditioned. So I imagine it'll be fine.
Fair chance it is OK, we'd agree!! :)

They actually cut new gear for first i believe .
Goodness. The common problem is the cluster shaft first/reverse - I brought a good 318 to the Muster for Colin Redmond, the third good one I've found in WA recently. The other two, one whole, one in bits, went to Jim Andrews for rebuild.