Renault Floride project Sydney Marketplace.

Greenpeace

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
One of you boys might want to save this, actually looks reasonably straight. $3000.

20230418_004915.jpg

Got it a bit cheaper - it does need a bit of work - but surprisingly rust free for the most part

Welcome to the rear engined Renault club (RER), a club which possesses a vast amount of knowledge and expertise. There are probably about 20 Floride and Caravelles all up and this is the place to come for help. :renault:

Im in - Its my second Floride/caravelle - sills will need some work :( Have to finish the super seven first

Im in - Its my second Floride/caravelle - sills will need some work :( Have to finish the super seven first
Masterly understatement I imagine! Sills are just the panels designed to hide the real problem! Good luck when you get to it. :)

Graham,
Can you let us know a little about the RER Club? I haven't heard about it. Is it an organised one or a web based discussion group and can I join in? I'm already part of the 4CV register.
Is there an existing register for Australian Florides and Caravelle's? I thought it might be good to get one started maybe within the 4CV Reg. I would join in if one exists already. I have a list of nine F and C's so far. But know of a couple more that could be tracked down.
Bruce

No. My suggestion of the RER wasn't intended to be a literal entity. As you are already a member of the 4CV register and Aussiefrogs you have it all at your fingertips.

Graham,
Can you let us know a little about the RER Club? I haven't heard about it. Is it an organised one or a web based discussion group and can I join in? I'm already part of the 4CV register.
Is there an existing register for Australian Florides and Caravelle's? I thought it might be good to get one started maybe within the 4CV Reg. I would join in if one exists already. I have a list of nine F and C's so far. But know of a couple more that could be tracked down.
Bruce
"RER" is used loosely in Perth too! There is a surprisingly large number of survivors in the Floride/Caravelle category, consider new sales ratios against Dauphines and R8/10 models. They cost about twice as much as the four-door saloons after all.

Got it a bit cheaper - it does need a bit of work - but surprisingly rust free for the most part
Yes I had a good look through the photos before I posted it on here. It looked worth saving, even the Interior looked to be in quite reasonable nick.
Glad it's going to be saved.👍

I wonder why there’s grey paint on both sides at the bottom of the doors and along the whole length of the sills?
What does that matter, the car needs a complete restoration so any paint on the door bottoms is irrelevant.