R17 Door Stays - suggestions needed

Hi Dave,
I’ve looked in their R17 list previously & again this morning, promoted by your message. Found them right towards the end of their 260 R17 items, however they are still listed as out of stock.
In the meantime I’ve now heard back from the people who I mentioned a few posts ago - I’m in a very poor coverage spot this weekend & can’t get the previous page of this thread to open, so just have to refer back to it.
Anyway, they say they can supply these but will have 3 weeks delay for manufacturing. Not sure if they mean a whole run or manufacture them singly as ordered.
When I’m back in Melbourne on Monday I intend to take up their offer. Will update progress as it happens

Hi Dave,
I’ve looked in their R17 list previously & again this morning, promoted by your message. Found them right towards the end of their 260 R17 items, however they are still listed as out of stock.
In the meantime I’ve now heard back from the people who I mentioned a few posts ago - I’m in a very poor coverage spot this weekend & can’t get the previous page of this thread to open, so just have to refer back to it.
Anyway, they say they can supply these but will have 3 weeks delay for manufacturing. Not sure if they mean a whole run or manufacture them singly as ordered.
When I’m back in Melbourne on Monday I intend to take up their offer. Will update progress as it happens

In other words, Alby, they will be getting them into stock from another supplier...

In this case the firm I first mentioned for the rubbers actually do manufacture them. That was arranged by Amicale, the French r15/17 club who have had quite a lot of parts manufactured. They started this particular project a few years ago & the first trial rubbers became available early last year. Apparently there were some issues & the firm moved to different rubber compound which solved the issues. They also freely replaced those that had been sold.
Amicale basically made the restoration of these cars a lot more practical thorough there work with local parts producers