Pug 206 GTI 180 driving impressions

Thanks for the comments John.

I stand by my comments on my impressions of the car...the engine is flat with a too tall first gear.

Reckon you've taken the losing 5kgs point out of context there...but anyway... :)

That said its still an attractive proposition and look forward to hearing your comments as you break the car in....hopefully you can look forward to more performance as the engine loosens up :)

Cheers
Rob

mr bern said:
Yes, it has a full size spare, and I like it that way. That's what baffles me about the 180 -- you don't even get an "Arnotts" spare ... just a can of sealant and a little extra tacked on to your fuel bill every time you fill up for carrying around an EXTRA phantom 50kg, on top of the 15 or 16kg that the absence of a spare should be saving you. :confused:

Aren't the rims the same as those on the 307XSi?

Yes, they are identical to a particular 307 rim. As for the spacesaver spare, it wasn't an issue of weight - there is just no place to put it (even an "Arnotts" spare) with that enormous back box and the 2 new bars at the back.

I would sure miss my 15" full size rim too if I end up with a 180.

Rob E said:
Thanks for the comments John.

I stand by my comments on my impressions of the car...the engine is flat with a too tall first gear.

Cheers
Rob

It's a valid point. The 1st gear thing was very obvious to me when I drove it. However, on my "drives" (ie. not commuting to work and back) the thing I was never very happy with was trying to wrestle it back into 1st (especially with the Quick Shift kit) to punch through the hairpins that this car seems to love. The new 1st gear (and smooth action) should be wonderful in that regard.

I don't understand why you can't run the 15 as a spare wheel. he circumference would still be the same, it doesn't matter that the rim is a different size. If if the circumference was out by a bit it wouldn't be THAT detrimental to the car. They would've opted out of the spare wheel purely for weight, I reckon

GTI124 said:
I don't understand why you can't run the 15 as a spare wheel. he circumference would still be the same, it doesn't matter that the rim is a different size. If if the circumference was out by a bit it wouldn't be THAT detrimental to the car. They would've opted out of the spare wheel purely for weight, I reckon

Lincoln,

Have you seen how big the back box is?

Attachments

• IMG_0552.jpg
    IMG_0552.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 219