'Performance Chips' for 2.7 Hdi

Hi
I can tell you that performance and diesel are often in sentences I utter :)

218kW and 521Nm, that’s what each of our chipped 3.0HDi C5 X7 Citroens are producing.
Effortless performance and excellent economy, the best economy has been 4.7l/100km on a long journey.
Overtaking is so easy and often puts a smile on my face.

I have been using Bluespark Automotive Pro performance/economy modules for years now.
All vehicles I’ve put them on have run smoother with better gear changes, had better economy and noticeably more power with less turbo lag. The cost of the modules are very reasonable.

Past vehicles I’ve fitted with Bluespark Pro:
Peugeot 407 Sedan 2.7HDi, Citroen C5 Tourer 2.0HDi, Citroen C5 X7 Tourer 2.7HDi
Present vehicles with Bluespark Pro:
Citroen C5 X7 Sedan and Tourer 3.0HDi’s

My original reason for looking into performance chipping was the turbo lag on our 407 2.7HDi, leaving me stranded in an intersection with a car bearing down on my right...very scary. After considerable research I settled on the Bluespark Pro and it certainly sorted that out :)
It’s not about drag racing, just improving the driving experience.

I know some ‘purists’ may pooh pooh the idea and claims, but after years of experience with these particular modules.... I think I know what I’m talking about.
Cheers, Phil

https://bluesparkautomotive.com/peugeot-407-v6-hdi-2-8-204-ps-pro-boost
Phil, it's interesting to hear your experience with Bluespark -- I think it was on your recommendation that bought a Bluespark module for my (now sold) C5 X7 2.0 HDi. I had a poor experience with a tuning box (don't remember its name, not Bluespark) in a Punto 1.3TD, where all it did was make performance inconsistent and run rich (lots of black smoke).
The Bluespark I bought was the basic one -- I didn't want to go for the Pro if it was a total waste of money and also didn't want to overstress the engine.
The results were interesting. I did not notice any fuel consumption improvement over std, but initial turbo lag was much reduced and mid-range response was much better. I eventually got a couple of DPF warnings, so worried that it was caused by the Bluespark box. So I took it off. Two things: in those instances, the DPF issue was because of too many short journeys (a quick run down the motorway fixed that), not the tuning box, and because I had become so used to the performance with the Bluespark, I also was starting to think it made no difference. When I took it off, then I really noticed the difference!
However, it wasn't a bulletproof thing. I normally ran the box in setting '3' out of 5. I then tried setting '4' (because, you know, if setting 3 was good, 4 must be even better :) ). That did cause problems, throwing a couple hard faults I needed Diagbox to clear.
Now I have a T9 308 1.2, Bluespark can reflash the box to suit the 1.2 and supply the correct cable for a nominal fee. I have stalled on that idea because with 20psi boost(?) as it is std, I worry that I will overstress the engine. The 1.2 Puretech has enough problems (not mine so far, but the design is flawed).

Sorry guys, performance and diesel cannot be words in the same sentence
Sorry driven - but when the Audi R10 TDi won the 2006 12 Hours of Sebring , and the 2006 24 Hours of Le Mans it wasn't a non-performance car. It was the fastest to finish.

The Audi R10 held the absolute speed record of an LMP car at Le Mans of 354 km/h (220 mph) in practice at Le Mans in 2007 - again - performance.

So sorry, but I think you're ill-informed if you think diesels don't offer performance !

Cheers

Justin

LMP Le Mans Prototype at what cost to get some fun over a $1 million
An R10 over $150,000
I talking about cars you can buy from Gumtree
Nice Clio RS under $18,000
and bring a smile to your face immediately

LMP Le Mans Prototype at what cost to get some fun over a $1 million
An R10 over $150,000
I talking about cars you can buy from Gumtree
Nice Clio RS under $18,000
and bring a smile to your face immediately
Sorry - you said diesel and performance don't happen at the same time. They clearly do.

Would I suggest you use an LMP to go to Coles - no - don't be ridiculous.

Diesels are perfectly capable of bringing a smile to your face, but you appear incapable of acknowledging that.

Cheers

Justin

Sorry - you said diesel and performance don't happen at the same time. They clearly do.

Would I suggest you use an LMP to go to Coles - no - don't be ridiculous.

Diesels are perfectly capable of bringing a smile to your face, but you appear incapable of acknowledging that.

Cheers

Justin
Hey Justin

Of course, I agree with your comments, it just a shame that they encouraged another inane response from Driven....I thought (hoped!) that he had finally gone away. It appears that your first post about the performance capabilities of diesels was totally lost on him......thats telling!
I struggle to understand why he even needed to join in (and effectively hijack!) this thread.🤷‍♂️

Cheers
Graham

driven you “always” smile when your economy hits the 30l/100km. So you have to wait till it hits 30 to achieve that smile, so that would be “often” then. What’s the point of comparing vehicles built for different purposes.
I certainly know which vehicle I’d use to travel long distances in.
When I want a spirited drive I just hop into my RWD 2005 130i manual. Having said that, the 3.0 litre twin turbo diesels have so much more power and effortless in gear acceleration.

Following this with interest , looking at selling my bt50 and replacing it with something to drive to work and ferry the kids n dogs around on weekends, and a 2.7 407SV came up as an option I hadn't considered. I live on the Fleurieu Peninsula and drive to Adelaide each weekday, so something economical but with the grunt to get past folks on the Goolwa to Mt Compass Rd would tick a lot of boxes

Sounds like a good plan. The 407's are getting a bit long in the tooth now, so you'd need to land a good one but I'm sure you'd be happy!