Non-running 307 Ideas anyone?

Ok, so I replaced the crank angle sensor and the cam angle sensor as I could not get any signal on an otoscope from either of them. cranked it over and the first thing I noticed was a diesel leak from the number one injector. This is promising it's not done that before, The pipe fitting was tight but the injector fitting was loose. Did I mention everyone has had a go at this car? I removed the pipe and tighten the fitting and refitted the pipe. cranked it over and it fired right up.
Thanks to everyone who posted your input it was greatly appreciated. My guess is someone broke the new crank angle sensor when they fitted it and when I saw that it was new.... well I should have started there, not assume that someone else replaced it so it must be OK.
Just put the car back together and took it for a drive, it's a little rocket. Just its been sitting so long that the brakes are rusted up so makes A horrible noise and doesn't stop too well.
thanks Again

It took a while but got the car roadworthy and rego was all going well until the misses drove it and it stopped dead. I toed it back home, and it is back in economy mode, I can't roll the windows up, and again no live data but PP2000 said "engine speed sensor" OC or SC.
I assume this means the crank angle sensor? Like the one I just replaced. It lasted 500kms. Is it possible there is a bad batch of sensors out there? It Had a new one on it when I bought the car which was also faulty. Maybe this car is just cursed and hates me!
Anyways my question engine speed sensor = crank angle sensor or cam angle sensor? thanks

It took a while but got the car roadworthy and rego was all going well until the misses drove it and it stopped dead. I toed it back home, and it is back in economy mode, I can't roll the windows up, and again no live data but PP2000 said "engine speed sensor" OC or SC.
I assume this means the crank angle sensor? Like the one I just replaced. It lasted 500kms. Is it possible there is a bad batch of sensors out there? It Had a new one on it when I bought the car which was also faulty. Maybe this car is just cursed and hates me!
Anyways my question engine speed sensor = crank angle sensor or cam angle sensor? thanks
Was the crank angle sensor an aftermarket one? It is a fact that many aftermarket sensors present many problems and most mechanics will only fit genuine sensors as they do not want comebacks.

I got it running again some weeks ago, and had the dreaded de-pollution fault and engine light, The error on PP2000 was no DPF detected. Pulled it off and found someone had been there before and drilled it out.
I got a remap from HDI tuning, with the EGR and DPF delete. all fixed and now rated at 180hp so goes quite well.
I have the software and tools to remap so if you are in the area and you want to remap your pug PM me

Well done - your persistence is impressive!

I got it running again some weeks ago, and had the dreaded de-pollution fault and engine light, The error on PP2000 was no DPF detected. Pulled it off and found someone had been there before and drilled it out.
I got a remap from HDI tuning, with the EGR and DPF delete. all fixed and now rated at 180hp so goes quite well.
I have the software and tools to remap so if you are in the area and you want to remap your pug PM me

I have a 2006 307 2.0L hatch (RHR) and I have been putting up with engine surging between 1000 - 2000 rpm under light acceleration for the past 6 months. It is virtually impossible to access the EGR valve outlet port to fit a blanking plate without pulling the engine forward. Since this is not viable I decided to have the ECU remapped to delete the EGR and DPF functions. I got the vehicle back yesterday and driving it now is like new - very pleasurable in fact.

My 307 has only done around 96,000km and has many more kms left in her so I didn't want to either junk her or pay the $3K-$4K to rectify the problems. Also, the DPF additive pouch was replaced about 2 years ago and it has started to leak already, so fixing that as well also put me off getting it fixed according to the book. I had to pay someone to do it but the end result is worth the $880 it cost me.

I have also booked the car in to my mechanic next week to remove the leaking Eolys pouch and to smash the ceramic DPF filter out so it doesn't get blocked with soot.

It's off the road again this time it has fuel pissing out of the injector leak off pipe, which of course has to be difficult. the rocker cover and pipes all have to come off to repair and I have to wait for a replacement from the UK

Only takes about 1-2 weeks to get parts from UK :)

You're too far away so got he Kess V2 and read the ECU today, are you happy with the tune you got from them? I have no reason to doubt HDI Tuning they have a very good reputation.

You're too far away so got he Kess V2 and read the ECU today, are you happy with the tune you got from them? I have no reason to doubt HDI Tuning they have a very good reputation.
HDI have been great Ive used them before, and have been very happy with the tune

Yes, sent the file within a few hours the answer came back, impressive, Next weekend.

So the injector return hose arrived and it took a good 4 hours to remove the rocker cover and all the crap around it to replace the hose and reassemble. so far looks like it is fixed. It is very disappointing that the engine is designed to fail with plastic parts that go brittle after a few years. If the same fault was on the 406 it would take less than a minute to replace the same part.
If anyone wants to attempt the same repair here is a video that was very helpful.