Non-running 307 Ideas anyone?

liquidhandwash

Tadpole
Tadpole
Hi everyone, I'm a new member but a long-time lurker
:-)

So this is a DW10BTED4 138 2.0 HDi engine, build date 17th May 2006.
I've been given a non-running 307 HDI 2.0 with a siemens ECU, I've got the feeling a few people have tried to fix it as has a few new sensors and the BSM was not clipped down properly. Scanning with PP2000 it has a number of faults, but the one I really want to start with it reads an incorrect battery voltage, by around 2.5 volts, even with a charger on the battery it will read a low voltage of about 12.0 volts. So the car goes into economy mode and PP2000 will not communicate with the BSI. Normally with a battery voltage of 12.8 volts, PP2000 will read around 10 volts. I can't get any live data with the engine cranking, which is typical of many of the pugs I've checked in the past when the car is in economy mode, The immobiliser data says it working correctly and is not locked.
I've also noticed that the fuse (f11) on the BSM reads the same voltage as PP2000 and also the PP1 connector has 2 large wires to the BSM one of the wires has the same voltage (T2)
I've removed the BSI, and BSM checked for dry joints and checked all plugs, grounds and fuses for corrosion. There is a ground point below the left front door under the carpet, which is connected to the BSI and a number of other systems heater, AC etc. I found one of the crimp on connectors with 2 heavy wires quite green and corroded so I've replaced the connector with a couple of ring terminals. But the fault still remains. Im starting to run out of ideas, thanks, everyone.
Here is all the data I could find on PP2000
OssF7Ik.png

eDcgQao.png

CyyQka8.png

kI6Rg9P.png

LaNXm5R.png

Crank sensor fault would be the first point of call but clear all the faults and try again and see what comes back maybe post a video of the sound when cranking egrs can stick open and cause no start but will normally log a fault. Battery voltage anomaly is common with pp2000 diagnostics and can cause trips down the wrong path.

Thanks, its got a new crank angle sensor fitted, and that will be the first thing I will check if I could get the live data to work. The vehicle is stuck in economy mode, so it makes it difficult.

I forgot, there is a relay test on PP2000 the power relay does not click, I'm not sure where that is located. Maybe part of the BSM?

Have you simply measured the battery voltage with a multimeter or performed a load test? Voltage can seem OK, but be only a weak surface charge. Peugeot are also quite insistent on the battery terminals being properly seated.

P0336, P0337, P0338, P0339 > Engine speed sensor at the target wheel, front of crank. 1920GJ
P0341, P1164 > Camshaft position sensor at the cam pulley 1920QN

If you think it's the EGR valve preventing it from starting (broken actuator arm or poppet valve head fell off), slip a small plate under it to block it as a step in your diagnosis.

Is it possible that the ignition switch is faulty? On the wiring diagram I have, there are 3 wires that go to the BSI from the ignition switch, one supplies power to the ignition switch. The other 2 are start and run signals. The Start wire also goes to the BSM. The power supply seems good at 12.7 volts. Also the "run wire" back to the BSI has 12.7 volts. The start signal wire to the BSI however is giving me some very low voltage readings, even though the starter is behaving normally. the error in the screenshot starting switch-off requests not vailed may have something to do with it. I'm just asking as I read somewhere that a 407 would not start on the starter motor but would bump start easily. It also had a long list of errors.

Just as part of testing gave it a sniff of areo start, it will run on the gas for a few seconds, so no mechanical fault, Also tried wire direct to starter motor still the same symptom turns over but will not fire.

Ive cleared the faults and only the glow plug relay fault has come back, Im going to try and run the starter motor on a separate battery from the rest of the car, just as a last-ditch effort to get some live data.

Finally able to pull some live data while cranking, no cam or crank syn, no fuel pressure and no rpm, the separate battery for the stater did the trick now I've got somewhere to start looking.

Finally able to pull some live data while cranking, no cam or crank syn, no fuel pressure and no rpm, the separate battery for the stater did the trick now I've got somewhere to start looking.
Crank angle sensor is a possibility. However, it may well be a wiring issue resulting in the incorrect voltage being supplied to the control systems.

The vehicle in economy mode will not influence starting unless the battery is unable to crank the engine at the correct rpm, voltage drop in component wiring will create many issues. Scan tool data has been known to lead one up the garden path.

Please keep us posted on the outcome.

Just struggling with this factory pug manual, great for some things, but the ECU pinout is not accurate, I'm trying to find the signal wires from the crank and cam sensors, so I can check it with a scope, the ECU is a SID 803a. Looks like the power supply and earths to the sensors are ok, on the ECU end anyway. It looks like the crank sensor has been replaced, the plug looks a little ratted.

Found a great ECU wiring pinout. The forum may want to put this somewhere easy to find, Oh crap it says it too large to upload, let me know if there is some other way to get it on your forum.

Does this attached pdf help

Attachments

• feismo.com-dw10bted4-rhr-20-hdi-engine-wiring-diagram-pr_c43c6751fafdd1fd74bcde701d50c531_remo...pdf
    586.6 KB · Views: 124
I've ordered a crank angle sensor but it won't be here for a couple of weeks, I'll report back when it gets here.
thanks, everyone for your input.