No substitute for cubic inches?

How on earth could I quote a horsepower figure if it hadn't been?

It was run on Collier's dyno (I also said 'at the rear wheels'), and Bruce built the engine.

Those pistons, by the way, were a product of Repco in the days when they were building F1 engines.

There are some 'Hp calculators' that work 'backwards' from quarter mile times to establish the 'at the wheel hp' and then by known drivetrain losses the flywheel figure....
I was just wondering if you had used that method- obviously you didn't, thanks for clearing that up.
Ben

The only thing that you may wish to take into account RENO17 is that Ray's track beasty might not make the boy's in blue to happy with regards to aa ummm......a slight noise problem deal .

Was it really loud Ray?, I know my old 12 with a cammed up, twin 40mm Delorto'd, 17 engine was bloody noisy, and that was with a hotdog resonator, and a sizeable rear muffler.

But OH what a noise..... :D :D :D
I still wish I never sold it....houses are overated, all you need is a really big garage:D

Loud enough... now as I recall it had one and a half inch pipes 42" long or something, then a 4-into-1 collector.

It muffled okay though... the time I ran it in on the road it wasn't too loud with a Holden muffler jammed on the end...

Whoops! Did I say that?

How are things going with this engine?
Did you get your 140hp?

Ray what was the part number of those pistons or any info I can look up to get them made up.