Mighty Car Mods: Marty buys a Peugeot!!

They are actually pretty open about the costs of things. They save mostly by doing it themselves, which is why the show started. I'm curious how they will go getting performance parts. Their usual Japanese and German cars are well supported in the aftermarket. Peugeot, not so much.

I have been watching them for ages and really respect the work they put in. Makes it extra fun when it's a marque you're into, even if it's a poor example.

Caught the episode. Surprisingly entertaining that 206 is!

Would have been interesting if they swapped cars too. There could have been a driver variable there in either direction?🤔

Yeah no science, but always good for a laugh these two! Anything for French content! Prepare for 206 prices to increase!

Double the price and 5 years newer with vvt and it’s only 1 second quicker
Yeah yeah long live the ol' shit box

Surprised that swift sport, makes near the same power as a stock bog 1.6 pug. What a shit box haha.

What is the engine the 206, 16 valve, 73 kw at the wheels is pretty good, stock Mi16s only have 78 kw but then who knows how accurate the dyno is.

What is the engine the 206, 16 valve, 73 kw at the wheels is pretty good, stock Mi16s only have 78 kw but then who knows how accurate the dyno is.
The 1.6 Suzuki is meant to be 92kw standard, so with transmission losses the 78kw is probably about right ATW.
If the Suzuki actually is still making factory HP, then the dyno is accurate; it would then seem (for some reason) that the Peugeot has more HP than it left the factory with.🤷‍♂️

I liked how the mechanic predictably heaped shit on the pug. It's obviously been abused all its life yet still managed to be as fast as the swift and not blow up on track. Also note that they laugh at the vague gearbox but Moog miss shifted the swift. Quite surprised how hard they drove the cars, that's the true power of a shitbox!

Reactions: Gus
It starts to look contrived. If they'd bought a 180 (or even a GTI 138) at the beginning it would have been lapping the Suzuki and there is probably nothing short of forced induction that would make it compete.

Good mechanic to avoid. What he knows about french cars could be inscribed on a postage stamp in braille.

makes me want to go buy a sh1t!box it does.

There will be 100’s of thousand views on that vid soon, the best marketing campaign the bog stock pug 206 never had :p