Mighty Car Mods: Marty buys a Peugeot!!

When I first saw this thread title, I missed the Might Car Mods bit and only saw Marty. Then I thought, surely Marty T didn't buy a car! Then I realised it was MCM.

Moog bought a cheap Suzuki Swift. First up they will take them to the track to see how they fare, then the mods.

I feel this is a shame. He bought a rough 1.6 base model 206. They're already trying the rubbish the peugeots and french cars names buy bagging there reliabilty. It's probably going to hurt peugeot more than it helps. I really hope I'm wrong, but he should have bought a clio. Fingers crossed for some un biased entertainment though!

I feel this is a shame. He bought a rough 1.6 base model 206. They're already trying the rubbish the peugeots and french cars names buy bagging there reliabilty. It's probably going to hurt peugeot more than it helps. I really hope I'm wrong, but he should have bought a clio. Fingers crossed for some un biased entertainment though!
Any publicity is good publicity. At least he didn't just buy another Japanese car.🤷‍♂️
The boys take the piss out of anything they can, so I don't see why the Peugeot would/should be exempt?
A quick look at the video's comments shows the majority of their viewers (that are not there purely for a laugh) are quite respectful of the marque and well aware of its decorated motorsport history.
Will it give the Suzuki a run for its money?🤷‍♂️
On paper the Peugeot is behind the 8 ball, (in standard form anyway).🤔
Time will tell.

I hope it doesn't do anything, like brake down! Having owned and driven lots of 206s i'd think it shouldnt be embarrassed by a swift. But the swift has a good few years on it. I am hoping they realise they really aren't a bad little car, and maybe do some more actually interesting cars. Not boring golfs. I'm not saying that pugs should be exempt just would have preferred they got something less likely to brake. The gearbox's in The 1.6 are a weak point. Whilst the 2.0 ones are near bullet proof. Hopefully they treat it with respect.

I really do hope they do some good things. My c2 has exactly the same engine!

I really expected a Clio too but I guess their schtick of buying "cheapest advertised" means the beaten up 206 is more on theme.

Those little Swift's are good though, we need more people in cars like that rather than the overweight and overpowered hyper hatches.

It costs a lot of money to make a base model handle. Should have started with the GTi180. They'll soon eat up the difference in purchase cost, if that's their intention.

Marty originally looked at a GTi but baulked at the cost. Think that was $6000 or something. Would have been a better starting point for sure.

Yeah they knew a Gti or 180 would easily walk the swift so had to get something nuggety.

Yeah they knew a Gti or 180 would easily walk the swift so had to get something nuggety.
They've been in the game for 10 years now, they know how to make content that rates. Interested to see how it goes.

Marty said he’s going to strip the 206 good and proper so that should help.

Marty originally looked at a GTi but baulked at the cost. Think that was $6000 or something. Would have been a better starting point for sure.
The base model Marty got was $3K. I would not be surprised if they dont pay retail for lot of of the go fast bits and pieces

The base model Marty got was $3K. I would not be surprised if they dont pay retail for lot of of the go fast bits and pieces
Vary rarely do the prices of the parts get spoken about.
I do remember the costs of the turbo, intercooler and brakes mentioned on the Golf R project, only because they were significant!

Had a problem with the post and reposted the whole post.

The base model Marty got was $3K. I would not be surprised if they don't pay full retail for lot of of the go fast bits and pieces.

A side note, they are both musos. Moog has his own small recoding studio and he writes all the music for their videos. They are entertainers first who are into cars and they are out to make content. They have nearly 700,000 subscribers so it would seem that they are at least moderately successful. They have also generously assisted others to get a start in the YT world, such as the Turbo Yoda and Woody from The Skid Factory

Had a problem with the post and reposted the whole post.

The base model Marty got was $3K. I would not be surprised if they don't pay full retail for lot of of the go fast bits and pieces.

A side note, they are both musos. Moog has his own small recoding studio and he writes all the music for their videos. They are entertainers first who are into cars and they are out to make content. They have nearly 700,000 subscribers so it would seem that they are at least moderately successful. They have also generously assisted others to get a start in the YT world, such as the Turbo Yoda and Woody from The Skid Factory
3.7 million subscribers!