Miami blue Summer Project Face-Lift

Just rang the Adelaide dealer about the front and rear red bumper trims. No stock in Australia and NLA from the factory they reckon. :(

OHHHHHH no really??????

This is not good. They'll probably call me and say they couldnt get them.

Unless....I got the last set ever!? ha

The 405 S has the DKZ engine with the same manifold too...
Is it just the standard plain jane 306 Chris?

I think so. Obviously an 8 valver but yeah... I know it works because my Silver one has one

OHHHHHH no really??????

This is not good. They'll probably call me and say they couldnt get them.

Unless....I got the last set ever!? ha

Yep, fingers crossed. That'd be pretty awesome luck but hey, someone, sometime has to be the person who gets the last one. :)

Update:

Fit the door trim back on along with some of the new red stripping.

Also gave the trim a clean up with some Meguiars bumper detailer.

Its a little greasy to begin with, but hopefully will recondition the bumpers a bit.

I would have thought 92' came with black bumpers.

It confuses me where Peugeot decide to use different things like grey carpet, black bumpers...etc etc

Looking forward to giving it a cut and electric buffer finish.

Still need to fit the red garnish panel on the hatch...but toying with the idea of a mint condition black garnish with [ PEUGEOT 205 GTI ]

mmm...

Attachments

• IMG_1106.jpg
    IMG_1106.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_1103.jpg
    IMG_1103.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_1102.jpg
    IMG_1102.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG_1101.jpg
    IMG_1101.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 366
Another few snaps in better light.

Still have to get the hatch fixed from where the spoiler was removed. It removed some clear and a small portion of paint.

I have a friend who owns an accredited panel shop. Should look like it was never there after he's done some work on it.

Attachments

• IMG_1144.jpg
    IMG_1144.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_1141.jpg
    IMG_1141.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_1139.jpg
    IMG_1139.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 375
Thanks Paul.

Still have to get the rims cleaned up, get rid of any gutter rash and possibly have them powder coated the same colour.

I went in search for the front headlight covers. The fella at peugeot basically laughed at me and said that haven't had anything like that since the car was made :(

I think it was ur car that had them..

Still have to get the rims cleaned up, get rid of any gutter rash and possibly have them powder coated the same colour.

I went in search for the front headlight covers.

Parts are starting to take some real finding for 205s now. Thankfully the important stuff you can still find, but there's no two ways about it, some stuff is getting rare. Especially interior bits. Glove box lids for a S1, gear knobs for a BE3, stereo binnacle....

My SMRs are in getting new rubber and a balance as we type. They've been sand blasted and painted and don't look to bad at all. I really need to get my Guttmans cleanup too. ehhhh, more stuff to do.

Hows the Blue beast running ??

Yeah seen all those fivedoor. Ive got all of them except the LHF door mould: Part #935063

Thats the only one you can't get. In the item description it has the part number.

Hmm...$130 from UK looks like the only option! :cry:

Sorry i meant the RHF mould insert. I have the LHF.
Cant get it anywhere...but I did have that seller saved for a while in case i couldnt get them through peugeot.
I think the ebay seller possibly might be cheaper depending on postage costs.

My mistake.

There is a reason for the price, he knows he has the only stock and that if someone is desperate enough they will pay!
Pretty sure I've bought something from Spoox and had no problem, I have it bookmarked for some reason.
Graham

Yeah seen all those fivedoor. Ive got all of them except the LHF door mould: Part #935063

Thats the only one you can't get. In the item description it has the part number.

Hmm...$130 from UK looks like the only option! :cry:

Thanks Paul.

I went in search for the front headlight covers. The fella at peugeot basically laughed at me and said that haven't had anything like that since the car was made :(

I think it was ur car that had them..

Yes I was lucky to pick up some NOS on ebay some time back.

There may be some repro 205 headlight covers available in 2013 made by some guys on the Peugeot Sport UK forum. They're about to release some repro fog light covers and are considering doing the headlight ones. Not the same as having originals but better than nothing if you really want some.

There may be some repro 205 headlight covers available in 2013 made by some guys on the Peugeot Sport UK forum. They're about to release some repro fog light covers and are considering doing the headlight ones. Not the same as having originals but better than nothing if you really want some.

Oh really? Might have to join the forum and get the heads up!
I'm considering buying a passenger side door mould and converting it to a d/s door mould.

mmm...not ideal but could work...

Woo hoo....so theres a few miami blue gti's on the go at the moment!

Just needing a few little niggly things and then I'm done.

Today I bought new front light bulbs, 120% brighter apparently. Narva.

Took it for a cheeky drive around the corner, the first quick one since ive had it.

Light bulbs work great, can definitely tell the difference.

Really liked/enjoyed the pokeyness of the S3 engine!!!

Rego soon in the next 2 weeks when I get a chance (hopefully)