Indianapolis F1 GP****spoiler****

johnh875 said:
It was Michelin's fault, the tyres they made caused the problem. The FIA didn't resolve the problem as best they could but in the end I think they did the right thing - it was Michelin and the teams that couldn't come to a solution that would have allowed the cars to race safely. The fact that they all went out and qualified flat out tells me a lot about how concerned they really were about safety (remember Ralf Schumacher's tyre failed on his first or second fast lap). Car setup and tyre pressure changes, and a slightly lower speed through turn 13 would probably have allowed the cars to run with a sufficient level of safety in my opinion[/]. The teams could have run the Barcelona tyres and incurred a penalty that I don't think was ever decided upon, which I see as a reasonable response by the FIA to a force majeur-type situation, however this was also quashed by Michelin.

The concern apart from Ralf's incident was not the qualifying sessions....its the lasting of the whole weekend which was the concern. A decision to stop all Michelin runners in qualifying on the grounds of safety can't be implemented one minute after Ralf's accident....Thats a big call for such a small time frame.

Surely a solution would've been too easy had all cars been shod by the same rubber?

Sure Michelin are at fault for un-suitable tyres and have probably breached standards set by the teams. But the FIA was at fault, considering this isolated occurence, for not being able to find a solution for all teams to safely compete in the Grand Prix. Bottom line. The problem was that only 6 cars competed in the Grand Prix. The FIA chose to take a hard stance with the situation and F1 failed to provide the number 1 must to all its customers (fans). Failure to deliver, in business terms

These things do happen and has happened (boycott of San Marino GP in 1982 by all British teams) which was un-avoidable. But sometimes are avoidable....

Michelin has had all the poles this year.
They won now French GP like all others except Indianapolis GP.

Alonso showed Michelin text from his cap (he pointed it with a front finger) at the top podium just to remind all the japanese rubber fans which tyre manufacturer makes the best tyres.

FIA / Max Mosley were quilty for no-show at Indy!