Incorrectly connected battery - Now no crank, no start - 2007 407 2L HDI

I am pretty sure the headlight issue is the left main beam bulb.

Oil temp is the far right bottom gauge in the cluster but it wasn't working when I bought the car, so it's not an issue.

Yeh, the auto thing I was surprised did not fix itself when I swapped controllers. That makes sense, not getting power. Any idea which fuse it would be on a 2007 407 HDI 2.0? I thought I checked all the fuses on the BSI were ok before I resinstalled it.

I still haven't ruled out it is not a dead starter motor.

ANy idea how I change it back from miles to kms?
Fuse 6 if this is the same or check owners manual

http://www.autogenius.info/peugeot-407-2006-fuse-box-diagram/

I checked all the fuses and pins on the bsm and bsi, all are good. Auto controller still not talking to Lexia.

Sent from my HTC U Ultra using Tapatalk

Time to get the multi meter out and check for both a good earth at the TCU and 12 volts. Also check 12 volts at BSM and BSI as only checking the interweb fuse 6 on both are for the auto? The owners manual may suggest otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G900I using aussiefrogs mobile app

Time to get the multi meter out and check for both a good earth at the TCU and 12 volts. Also check 12 volts at BSM and BSI as only checking the interweb fuse 6 on both are for the auto? The owners manual may suggest otherwise.

This is why I am suggesting it is time to get a local auto electrician involved. It is beyond me now.

I am glad to report SHE IS FIXED AND RUNNING.

I don't know if it was one or multiple issues. The main things done were:
- BSI repairs undertaken by Dimistyle. BSI would not power up before the repair was done
- BSI features needed to be reset as most settings defaulted to "unknown"
- Replaced the BSM with one from a wrecker. Once this was done all the car's electrics began working again. Specifically, window controls, internal lights, remote central locking; and
- Finally, today I found a faulty maxi fuse. It wasn't in the fuse block under the BSM. I found a small Maxi fuse block above the BSI, which I had not noticed before. 15amp fuse G37 turned out to be the power supply for the auto trans controller and it was blown.

Yipppeeeee!

Last edited:
Fantastic news David, I knew you could do it with some perseverance and some knowledge. Now back to where you started a few months ago and get it back on the road!!.

So happy we have a resolution.

Is G37 in the owners manual by any chance?

Let us know if you come up with a foolproof system for colour coding battery terminals :roflmao:.

Props to all concerned with getting the car going!

Cheers

Alec

Great Result. Well Done.

Cheers
Roland.

PS. Have you got a picture showing the location of the offending fuse?

:banana:

Must get some tips where these things are, not that I plan on doing anything like you have, kudos, perseverance prevails..

Fantastic news David, I knew you could do it with some perseverance and some knowledge. Now back to where you started a few months ago and get it back on the road!!.

So happy we have a resolution.

Is G37 in the owners manual by any chance?

I don't have an owners manual for the 2007 wagon, so I don't know. The BSM in the 2008 sedan is different, so its manual was no use.

Thanks for all your help. Would never have got there without it.

As others have said - great news. Not that one would wish this on anyone else but this thread could be a useful resource for someone else.

Last edited:
I've been watching this thread from the beginning and could feel the pain,

Well done fantastic result,

Cheers

My thoughts are just the same.

So pleased to see this result - and so impressed with the persistence (and assistance from folks here) which got you there.

Ian.

I am so pleased that you have successfully resolved this issue. Well done. I am so happy for you. It really informs us all even if we do not have an identical vehicle. Your story will be very helpful as a learning tool.

Last weekend i was beginning to think I had managed to do something similar with my wife's 307 and i was almost despairing. Somehow, when i thought my 307 had dropped its bundle, it all righted itself. Just goes to show the ephemeral nature of some modern electronics and automobile technology.