INCHCAPE To Show Us How To Sell Citroens?

Interesting how the 3008 volumes seem to have increased, with a price rise. Maybe they were too cheap for the average punter ;)

It was quite easy to pick up a 3008 GT-Line for low $40s pre-Covid. The same spec is now somewhere between $52k and $60k (depending on engine choice)

Interesting also that the 3008's sibling the C5 Aircross has not done anywhere near as well. Is it just the limited spec's?

Thanks for the details. Very interesting.
More Rolls than Citroen and McLaren outsells Lambo (and Citroen!)
Do you happen to know if more Mercedes are sold than Hondas?
Comfortably. Honda's sales are collapsing, not helped by a dull, dated line-up.

Interesting also that the 3008's sibling the C5 Aircross has not done anywhere near as well. Is it just the limited spec's?

I for one wouldn't consider a C5 Aircross until they offer proper adaptive cruise control (which is not available with the 121kw/6AT combo; you need the 133kw/8AT combo, but Inchcape is too cheap to import that). I wonder how many people are in the same boat and write the Aircross off because of the giant gaps in tech?

I wonder how many people are in the same boat and write the Aircross off because of the giant gaps in tech?

The main reason I went for the 508 sportswagon over the C5 Aircross was that I didn't want an SUV, but the lower specs of the Aircross also played a part. However my wife recently chose the C5 Aircross to replace her C4 Grand Picasso and for her, the tech didn't matter. It was all about comfort - vehicle size and height for easy accessibility, cabin size, seat comfort. And I enjoy driving it. The one piece of tech that she misses is driver's seat memory.

A tréma on an English/US keyboard? I have to insert a special character into a non-ASCII document. I doubt it appears in the registered Australian company name.

The job advertisement had the o and e reversed... Citreon...

Thanks Seasink, I never knew that those dots were called a tréma so I googled the word and finally learned how to pronounce Citroen.
O and E are pronounced separately - cit-ro-en. (can't do the dots without too much effort...)
I had always said "Citrone."

Also known as a diaeresis.

And definitely not an umlaut.

It's very easy on an android phone. Just hold your tap on the letter, then select from the accent options that pop-up.
Ë ë

Half the problem is the UK ( and therefore English speaking world ) using the term SIT RUN.

Any French video or a Google search will reveal Cit Ro En.

Perhaps, more Ci-tro-en ?
It may help to imagine you have some pwoblems with your rrrrs :)

In days long gone the external matriculation French exam had an oral component. You can't imagine how long it took to get comfortable with that letter. Then I scored an examiner from some accented backwater in Provence.

I have stayed with an azerty keyboard - easy to type in English and the accented French just flows -or would to if I could still type.

Hearing people say Sitrun grates every time I hear it. I can pronounce Citroën, but I think people think I am a wanker for doing so.

But then I drive Citroëns so I don't care what others think. 😷

Australians have always had their own pronunciations of French names. Our army in France always gave their own pronunciations of places and names. That's just the way it is. Not only French names. Skoda and Zetor and Belarus Tractor are also mispronounced. And Peugeot. Who cares?

September Sales figures are out.

Citroën C3 5
Citroën C3 Aircross 0
Citroën C4 Cactus 0
Citroën C5 Aircross 2
Citroën Total: 7

Peugeot 2008 47
Peugeot 3008 342
Peugeot 5008 7
Peugeot 508 33
Peugeot Boxer 6
Peugeot Expert 15
Peugeot Partner 36
Peugeot Total: 486

Renault Arkana 45
Renault Captur 36
Renault Clio 0
Renault Kadjar 0
Renault Kangoo 60
Renault Koleos 125
Renault Master 130
Renault Master Bus 7
Renault Megane 5
Renault Trafic 116
Renault Zoe 0
Renault Total: 524

Well that can't be right - the number of Peugeot's sold almost equals Renaults! Any explanation for the astonishing number of 3008s sold?

Citroen as expected...