I Spy...Victoria

A very nice charcoal grey metallic XM a few doors from our place this morning.. on brand new full Victorian rego plates.
Angru can you tell us a little about the year, whether it's a 12V or 24V?

Yes John, that was me. The car is my dads, and he bought it around September last year. I've since gone over it and got it registered a couple of weeks ago (dad drove it a couple of times then broke his ankle so can't drive for 6 weeks). It's a '99 24 valve auto. I'm quite enjoying it and am getting through sorting out all the little things that don't always want to work.

So a very late model XM! "Peeking" through the windows can see the back seats look like they've barely been sat in. Have seen a couple of other XM and other luxury Euros like this.

A 2CV heading north on the Hume Hwy just north of Wallan yesterday about 3:30 ish.....SWMBO spotted it and as it was 'maintaining station' would have to be a 602 Big Block in a non-descript white/beige/grey.
:cheers: Brendan.

2 Xantias in 3 mins' series 2 estate green at roundabout Mt Alexander Rd Essendon then at the very next roundabout a series 2 hatch in white. Both in top condition. They are out there.

Via the aussiefrogs App

Spotted at Wings and Wheels at Maryborough on Sunday a Citroen DS Safari i don't know what model it was , but it appeared to have been converted into a ute. I only saw it as it was driving out and i was 100 metres away and didn't get a proper look at it.

Spotted at Wings and Wheels at Maryborough on Sunday a Citroen DS Safari i don't know what model it was , but it appeared to have been converted into a ute. I only saw it as it was driving out and i was 100 metres away and didn't get a proper look at it.

Will they swap for a Proton Jumbuck Ute?

Put a bottle of sherry in the back of the Proton and see if the Citroen owner can then turn down the offer to swap cars.

Saw a nice beige-ish gs wagon in Ivanhoe around 5:30 this arvo (not sure where cause I was lost). Looked good. Via the aussiefrogs App

Is this the first AF sighting of Sparkeys restored GS wagon? If so it is good news, if it isn't (Another beige GS wagon!). Then that is even better news. Can they be made to breed? I'd like a nice pale blue one with a white roof. :cheers: Brendan.

Guilty your honour!

This sighting was about a year ago, checked my diary and yeah, just coming home from successful Road Worthy Certificate (RWC). Have been enjoying some great k's in the car since. Have booked the latest resto for RWC soon, so keep an eye open for a white Break

Red metallic 306 XSi four door on a car trailer....You know who you are as 'normally' it's a 405 Mi16 Historic race car.
Corner of Maurice street Dandenong.

Ring Rd outbound just pass the tunnel, bright red Mehari with two centre spotlights. French car day visitor?

The red and others
autowp_ru_citroen_mehari_2.jpg

I was out driving in my cabriolet enjoying the sun today when I found myself behind a silver RHD Citroen SM at the lights .Unfortunately the lights changed to red before I could get through because I would like to have travelled in convoy for a while.

I saw a red alpine 310 going (quickly) round the roundabout on the Greensburough bypass today.

Southbound down Springvale Rd about 10:45 this morning -- aluminium 206GTi with a semi-detached zorst, rego SP*744 (you'll know who you are).

muffler.jpg

muffler2b.jpg

Problem doesn't look to be quite the same as the one I had ten years ago, where the pipe rotted out just ahead of the rear muffler ,,,

nqr.jpg

Yours look like it's come away from the mountings altogether, and is barely hanging on ... but look on the bright side -- when you find out the cost of the Pug replacement kit, you'll find that a fruity-sounding aftermarket alternative (and Auto Paris can probably still fix you up with a Devil), while still not cheap, looks to be much more than price-competitive!

I'd recommend that you do something about it, though, before you leave it on the road somewhere behind you ...

Last edited:
Getting use to seeing more Frogs around Dandenong, having a Peugeot and Renault dealer close by does help! However I've digressed and today spotted a Peugeot 607 in a mid/dark blue at the end of Cheltenham road just before 11:00 AM. Very tasty!