I’m attempting to put a c4 vts engine into a xsara vts

ah well too late now lol. Guess Ill figure it out
haha. I feel your pain, I still havent finished the Megane rebuild project that "seemed like a good idea at the time" :)

Worst case is you wait until you can find a Xsara VTR with the EW in it as a donor car, or find a wrecker with one that will do you a bulk deal on all the odds and ends you'll need.

I was under the impression I had an EW I've tried looking all over the car for engine numbers and cant find anything
2 door VTR was a 1.6, 2 door VTS the 2.0 XU.

4 door VTR was an XU in the early years and EW in the facelift ones.

2 door VTR was a 1.6, 2 door VTS the 2.0 XU.

4 door VTR was an XU in the early years and EW in the facelift ones.
you are correct I've for some reason been thinking I have a 137hp EW hahah. Well this has flipped the project on its head

So what engine is it in the car now? 1,6 16v 109hp?

If you are in doubt give me the vin number to look it up.

I should have explained the Xsara VTS is the facelift
The RFS in the VIN confirms it's the XU10J4RS, so what's actually wrong with it that prompted you get the C4 EW VTS donor?

The RFS in the VIN confirms it's the XU10J4RS, so what's actually wrong with it that prompted you get the C4 EW VTS donor?
I concur. The old RFS has a few flaws, but not worth swapping out for. A few dollars spent on that is better value than an EW.

So my original motor cooked itself. Broke one of the plastic couplings to the heater so it lost all its coolant drove roughly 4km with no coolant. But I managed to find a spare. The original idea was to increase the power from what I thought was the EW 137hp to the Ew10rs 180. Considering I found a c4 VTS donor car for very cheap in great condition thought that would be the easiest and most cost effective way for a bit of power. However now I think I will just spend money on the XU

Thinking of just doing a reconditioning of the engine. Looking at catcams but I've also seen Taylors engineering regrinds. What do you think would be better?

I don't do the regrinds anymore. Crow in Melbourne now has the masters. My regrind works with the standard pistons and engine management. If you're rebuilding the engine, you'd either deepen the piston pockets or purchase new aftermarket pistons, which will allow you to run bigger cams. Then you'll definitely need remapping or new ecu.

So If I wanted to increase the power a bit simply from the engine what would be the best and most durable way?