Hill Assist?

My 2002 Subaru Forrester was too sensitive with this "Park Assist". Underneath the windscreen washer bottle, I released the adjustment so it was normal, similar to my 1923 B2 Citroen.
No more "snuffing" the engine and over acceleration as the "Park Assist" would hold me down on a green light.
I wouldn't want a car more modern than this 2002 Subaru.
My favorite cars I own , are the ones with mechanical brakes. These don't require honing out brake cylinders when the brake fluid gets old.
Don't laugh ................... Michael

The auto / electric handbrake also has it's 'quirks'. We have quite a steep driveway, and If I park at the top, apply the electric handbrake and take my foot off the brake pedal, the handbrake 'lever' flashes, and the handbrake symbol on the dash flashes - and it doesn't stop. I've never had the car move / roll down the driveway, but I'm guessing the car is telling me it's reached the limits of the handbrake parameters.
Hmm...in this case (on the 308) it's the car requesting the hydraulics supplement the electric parking brake via the DSC ECU, I think, that causes the flashing lights.

It's complicated...
4.7. Control of the electric parking brake
The dynamic stability control ECU requests the re-application of the electric parking brake described in the situations below:
  • If the dynamic stability control ECU detects movement of the vehicle (in the monitoring situations defined below) and the electric parking brake is applied, the dynamic stability control ECU requests re-application of the motorised brake calipers
  • As a preventive measure, the motorised brake calipers are always re-applied in the situations defined below in which re-application is always carried out
No monitoring of the movement of the vehicle or re-application in all cases described in the situations below:
  • When the vehicle is stationary on a gradient of less than 5%
  • When the vehicle is stationary on a gradient of between 5 and 8% and the pressure of the master cylinder (press of the brake pedal) at the end of application is higher than approximately 10 bars
Monitoring of the movement of the vehicle for 10 minutes with re-application in all cases 5 minutes after the initial application described in the situations below:
  • When the vehicle is stationary on a gradient of between 8 and 18% and the pressure of the master cylinder (press of the brake pedal) at the end of application is less than 10 bars (in the case of a gradient of 8%) or lower than 18 bars (in the case of a gradient of 18%)
  • When the vehicle is stationary on a gradient of more than 18% (in this case the electromechanical re-application of the motorised brake calipers is supplemented by hydraulic application by the dynamic stability control ECU
Monitoring of the movement of the vehicle for 50 minutes after the initial application described in the situations below:
  • When the vehicle is stationary on a gradient of between 5 and 8% and the pressure of the master cylinder (press of the brake pedal) at the end of the initial application is lower than approximately 10 bars
  • When the vehicle is stationary on a gradient of between 8 and 18% and the pressure of the master cylinder (press of the brake pedal) is higher than approximately 10 bars (in the case of a gradient of 8% or higher than 18 bars (in the case of a gradient of 18%)