Help - T7 308 HDi intermittent overheating?

xlink_nz

Fellow Frogger
Hi

Our T7 308 2.0 HDi (230K kms) we have found occasionally goes over 90 on the temperature gauge (or once between 90 and red) and this occurs going up steep hills . When this occurs if we pull over sometimes the engine fans stays on (usually it doesn't). Coolant is just below max level there are no unusual sounds.

Whilst having a sway bar link replaced I got the dealership to check they said no related scan codes (I asked them to check) and visual inspection showed no issues and could not recreate the issue on a road test. I did wonder whether the fan issue was related to a faulty sensor but would that explain the temperature gauge going up?

Has anyone else had a similar temperature issues or have any suggestions what is going on or to daignose?

My T8 308 2.0 Hdi runs at a constant 90° compared to our T6 307 2.0 Hdi which runs at closer to 75°. 90° seems a bit hot and the thermo fan seems to run a lot. Thermostat? Anyone? What is normal?

Hi, the issue was my thermostat was leaking the thread on it is here

Initially the leak wasn't bad enough to reduce coolant level but enough to raise temperature over 90 esp up hill