Haynes 762 Extra

yeah i'm just doing some tinkering but one day maybe a project to fix her up right

she has never let me down

currently trying to fix some rust in the wheel arches and fit S2 front guards and bumper ... only ones i could find to replace the bent ones that were on it

had the car since 2004..

Sorry Rob, I've searched high and low and the only Haynes 505 manual I can find is the diesel engine supplement. I must have passed the other one on when I sold the car. Can't find the scan of the factory workshop manual either. When I scanned it is also longer ago than I thought. 2004. I thought at least I would have had that archived somewhere.

Good luck with your search.

thanks for looking - i think i've found one from IanRobbo ... when it arrives in the mail will be a good opportunity to break the news to the wife that the car is staying :)

POWER STEERING PUMP
input shaft behind pulley (4 screws to remove to detach pulley from hub, shaft must be pressed out of hub) there is a lipped seal - its an "IPC 7808195" bad news is that doesn't seem to be available any more - good news is there's a substitute which is a "CR7475" (CR seems to stand for "Chicago Rawhide")

IMG_2754.jpg

POWER STEERING PUMP
input shaft behind pulley (4 screws to remove to detach pulley from hub, shaft must be pressed out of hub) there is a lipped seal - its an "IPC 7808195" bad news is that doesn't seem to be available any more - good news is there's a substitute which is a "CR7475" (CR seems to stand for "Chicago Rawhide")

View attachment 229373
To replace hub on shaft of pump the shaft is counterbored and internally threaded to 3/8" imperial. A length of 3/8 threaded rod can be inserted to the counterbore, tightened with locknuts then a third nut & large washer used to force the hub back on the shaft - the locknuts being used to counter the reaction of winding the drive nut
IMG_2814.jpg