For Sale/Wrecking

Ray Bell:
Well, I undid mine on the 604 and then looked at getting it out... it's trapped by the brackets and stuff that hold the rest of the rear end together.

I couldn't see a way to get to it, not at all, though if the car was upside down I would imagine you could work it out. But it won't be easy, all the same...

Frankly, I don't think it's any bigger than the 504 one, I'm not familiar with the 505 rear end at all. The 504 rear bar comes out fairly easily.
It is 1mm bigger than the 504 bar and makes quite a difference. It's not hard to undo the complete 604 rear suspension and jack the body up to remove the bar.

I had a spare, gave it to somebody, he sold alot of stuff to the Arabs at ASV in Woodville RD. The bar accidently went with the stuff. Rang the Arabs 2 days later. They had already thrown it in the scrap bin. Arghhhh!!!

I went to see these Arabs to double check. They started asking me questions about the Canberra club (I said very little). Don't be surprised if they start trying to buy up Canberra's supply of 504s/505s soon. This guys line of questioning was very suspect, and his attitude really peeved me. The size of their 504/505 dismantling building and shipping container/packaging area is now huge. It is not a small operation.

Dave

<small>[ 22 October 2002, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: fiveohs ]</small>

What colour is the interior in the MI16? Grey? Do you know anything about the A/C compressor? Condition, whether it has been replaced or not? I am also interested in the engine and gearbox.

Cal.

I went to see these Arabs to double check. They started asking me questions about the Canberra club (I said very little). Don't be surprised if they start trying to buy up Canberra's supply of 504s/505s soon. This guys line of questioning was very suspect, and his attitude really peeved me. The size of their 504/505 dismantling building and shipping container/packaging area is now huge. It is not a small operation.
Wah! This doesn't sound good (although it might give me an opportunity to get rid of my 505 hull w/o paying a towie to take it to the tip!)

There are a few old pugs around on the market begging for buyers in Canberra... A friend of mine has in the last 2 years bought 2x 504s for $200 each (both with issues, but fundamentally solid) and a 505 GR for $300 (now a hull in my yard.) He didn't go looking for any of those 3 cars.

Those guys (the Arabs) must really be cleaning up.

Gus,

If that shell of yours is basically rust free, the Arabs at ASV in Woodville Rd may be interested. I asked them whether they take body shells and they basically said they pay money for them if they are straight and fairly rust free and still have a few bits and pieces on them. They won't pay much, but they will pay, although I'm not sure if they'd go to Canberra just for 1 car.

When I mentioned to the guy that I've been collecting 504 parts, he couldn't understand why. He asked me if I was French, maybe thinking I was trying to send parts overseas. They can't understand you unless you're trying to export stuff. I mentioned that I was in the club, and straight away he wanted to know where the club meets so he could come and make people an offer (he said he'd be trying to sell parts, but I think he'd also be looking for cars to ship). I didn't give him any details of our meetings.

Dave

<small>[ 22 October 2002, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: fiveohs ]</small>

I find this very worrying. Is there much of a problem with this in Vic? I remember one of the reasons behing me buying a 505 for my first car was that parts are (were?) plentiful from the wreckers. :(

It's enough to make me quite annoyed :mad:

I think it is a good idea for the clubs to set up a 'parts field', were we can retire old pugs for our use.

Hey Ben,

I'm looking for the chrome insert in the rear bumper of a 505 Executive. Is there any chance of you having one?? I cannot find one 2ndhand, or when I do, the people who have them don't want to separate them from the bumpers (which makes sense).

Yeah, I think the parts yard is a great idea. I take it that these Arab guys are shipping parts overseas? To the middle east?

Cheers,
Richard

Ben,
what's happening with the enigine/gearbox from the Mi16? I'm definitely intereseted. Still waiting for an email.

Hey Pug405 is there any chance of getting the rubber seal for the boot, mine is ripped, so when it rains the water leaks into the boot, grrrrr, also need a new strut to hold the boot up, you reckon you can help me out?

Chris.

All,

I have no 505 Exec or GTI stuff...it's all mainly early GR stuff...

I would have some boot struts but cond is unknown ! just get them re-gassed...thats what I did in Dad's GTI.

The 405 has a grey interior *well had one it's in my shed now* it's all been done with leather stuff...infact it's still soaking in !

*I am sorry for my slow responce on this topic...just we had a death in the family*

Cheers!

Ben

So sorry to hear of the death in your family Ben. My condolences.

Just send me an email regarding the MI16 once it is a better time.

Cal.

am possibly interested in some Mi16 bits, what is the Lux pack exactly?

Need two rear headrests, actually don't need but would like. Also, and here is the biggy, I need the jack. I foolishly was so excited when i bought the car that i didn't check and lo and behold discovered that you need the handle to lower the spare :(
drop me an emailif you like
info@onarafilms.com

thanks

The engine/gearbox are they still available ?? looking to drop one in a 205gti soon and am keen to get the ball rolling??? cheers! Neil

Are the 2 Peugeot 604 both automatics and what condition are they both in?