F1 2005 team moves ?

As a fan of Jacques Villeneuve it brings great pleasure to see Dave Richards in this situation
emot-dance.gif

What goes around comes around :nownow:

Let's just hope he doesn't do something like get rid of Sato now, that guy is always an exciting one to watch

Three top teams are going to have real firecrackers of lineups..

Williams: Button and Webber
McLaren: Raikkonen and Montoya
Renault: Alonso and Fisichella

Not to mention it makes this year's "silly season" the most interesting and intriguing for quite some time now..

rek said:
As a fan of Jacques Villeneuve it brings great pleasure to see Dave Richards in this situation
emot-dance.gif

What goes around comes around :nownow:

Let's just hope he doesn't do something like get rid of Sato now, that guy is always an exciting one to watch

Three top teams are going to have real firecrackers of lineups..

Williams: Button and Webber
McLaren: Raikkonen and Montoya
Renault: Alonso and Fisichella

Not to mention it makes this year's "silly season" the most interesting and intriguing for quite some time now..

Jacques Villeneuve... he only one because of team he was in... yes i agree a lot of intresting teams... maybe somebody that can take on ferarri... i'd like to see next years cars once they're up and runing... it would be good if there is a team next year that can keep up with ferrari, be it mclaren, renault or williams or maybe even BAR who aren't to far behind the ball it seems

i know it's not next season just yet, but i think the V8 engine proposal is crap. I really really hope that the GWPC does materialise and just shove Bernie and Max and ask them to get stuffed. If the stay on with the current arrangement, they deserve to be screwed! The sport is just going downhill, all season, the only exciting race I have seen was the last one where Button and Alonso were having a go, the rest have been extremely boring, esp where the ITV broadcast largely keeps showing the front runner with all the overtaking happening behind P1.

I sure hope the remainder of the races bring back the good old battles like it was when Senna and Prost were racing.

I wonder if Trulli might have a chance with BAR if Button is released to move to Williams! It would be interesting, I think better hopes of him doing well there compared to Toyota. I personally don't think Ralf and Montoya will go too far. Alonso, Fisichella, Webber, Button, Raikkonen, Trulli are probably the ones with a shot of winning the championships with a good car provided to them.

Ferrari are just ahead this season because they hit the ground running with a complete new package from day one. As the other teams roll out the upgrades to get to their final 2004 car,the gap is getting smaller. Renault should give a good challenge to Ferrari in Hungary. Williams might too, with a new conventional nose design making a return!

Heh, silly season hasn't ended yet... Latest rumours are that Dave Richards has given Button's management till Monday for Button to front up to the BAR board and explain his actions. If not, then they are going to court over the matter. On the flip side, BAR has contacted Mika Hakkinen to drive the 2005 season. Considering BAR have Anthony Davison in their stable, it would have made more sense to promote him to a racing seat unless they have done a deal for Davison to drive for Sauber which I suspect is the case.

We may have another Aussie on the grid next year as well. Toyota have dropped Da Matta effective immediately and promoted Ricardo Zonta to the vacant race seat. This now opens the door for Ryan Briscoe to be Friday tester and if he manages to impress enough, he may drive for Jordan as they are opting for Toyota power for next season. I think there's been more excitement in F1 during the summer break than the rest of the season! :roflmao:

Rich

Last edited:
Zen said:
Heh, silly season hasn't ended yet... Latest rumours are that Dave Richards has given Button's management till Monday for Button to front up to the BAR board and explain his actions. If not, then they are going to court over the matter. On the flip side, BAR has contacted Mika Hakkinen to drive the 2005 season. Considering BAR have Anthony Davison in their stable, it would have made more sense to promote him to a racing seat unless they have done a deal for Davison to drive for Sauber which I suspect is the case.

We may have another Aussie on the grid next year as well. Toyota have dropped Da Matta effective immediately and promoted Ricardo Zonta to the vacant race seat. This now opens the door for Ryan Briscoe to be Friday tester and if he manages to impress enough, he may drive for Jordan as they are opting for Toyota power for next season. I think there's been more excitement in F1 during the summer break than the rest of the season! :roflmao:

Rich

nobody in there right mind would go from McLaren to BAR and i don't think Kimi will go unless he is forced. i am yet to see where David Coulthard is also going to fit into season 2005, he is to good of a driver not to get a drive unless of course McLaren weren't actually going to release him and he was going to retire, i am thinking this because none of the major teams have announced him as a driver yet and with him being off contract for so long you'd think he would of signed something. also test drivers usually end up being poached by other racing series or spend at least 5 years doing test driving and never make it into a F1 Seat

Last edited:
orestes said:
nobody in there right mind would go from McLaren to BAR and i don't think Kimi will go unless he is forced.
No-one is moving from Mclaren to BAR - sure your not getting Raikkonen and Hakkinen confused? I know it's easy with all those K's & N's.... Mika is at the WRC event in Finland this weekend - and when asked about the rumors to go to BAR next season he replied "there is no smoke without fire" Sounds interesting to me! I reckon that DC's best move would be to stay at Mclaren as a test driver. I dont think any other team with a spare seat would be willing to pay him what he's used to earning as a Mclaren driver. The head of Jag Rac has hinted that he'd like a brittish driver in the team but that DC would have to come back to reality in terms of pay.

All I can think is so far next season is looking like there will be some great driver line-ups in all the top teams and if they can get the technical side sorted then it should be well worth watching.

The V8 rule for 2006 (i think) wont cause any issues with F1 and the spectacle for the viewer. The cars willl look the same and may be 1 sec off the laptimes they are doing now?? The teams are in favour of this change as it means that they can start developing a new engine again to see how much they can screw out of it. The biggest change in laptimes will be caused by the new tyre regulations.

v8's or not the cars will end up being faster... they make that many changes to the F1 series and the big teams still work out how to make there cars go faster, i don't think that a change to a V8 is going to make an difrence at all... also Mika is a very good driver and it would be good to see him back in F1... maybe next season we'll see who the real flying fin is

And it keeps on comin'... The Contract Recognition Board has ruled in favour of BAR and Williams will not be appealing the decision. Jenson will remain at BAR for 2005. So it begs the question, who will partner Mark Webber? And will the replacement have a one year deal so Button can come across in 2006? Interesting predicament for Frank and Patrick.

Rich

Well its beyond me why it ever reached this far anyway, i mean Jenson was under contract END OF STORY, it aint rocket science, again proving f1 drivers arent smart people :D.

It will be interesting to see who will partner M.Webber :)

purrr-geot said:
again proving f1 drivers arent smart people :D.

:)

..ooh asanka, why the slagging? i think F1 drivers are relatively smart compared to other so called elite sportsmen and women.... - Chris

ps, Giancarlo SHOULD partner Webber... fisi is THE most underated driver in F1 (in my opinion)

CHRI'S16 said:
..ooh asanka, why the slagging? i think F1 drivers are relatively smart compared to other so called elite sportsmen and women.... - Chris

ps, Giancarlo SHOULD partner Webber... fisi is THE most underated driver in F1 (in my opinion)

I know i know, im just jealous, tall poppy syndrome if you will :( :roflmao:

The rumour mill has Antonio Pizzonia the favourite to partner Webber. To me, it's been done before, Webber obliterated Pizzonia at Jaguar... and then some. Then again, it could be a good thing as Webber would have a clear number one status. I still wish Williams would get Mika Hakkinen to drive for them (it's not totally impossible now, probably the best chance). Not only seeing the only man Schumacher feared back on the grid, but to really see how good Mark Webber is.

Rich

CHRI'S16 said:
Giancarlo SHOULD partner Webber... fisi is THE most underated driver in F1 (in my opinion)

Too true, but you can blame Flavio for it not happening.

Rich