Extractors?? please help

At the moment I just have the cannon exhaust tip, If i get a larger pipe to the cat will there any power increase? what is the original pipe diameter? Do I need to keep the resonator on??

Also...a Remus muffler...is it worth it?? around $650

I just priced a rear muffler for my BX.
Normal galvo type: $75 Stainless: $145

You can play around for ever with mufflers, but as I say, if you are going to get fair dinkum, get a good motor man to do something under the bonnet FIRST, then worry about the exhaust after. That way when you do get the exhaust done, you'll notice some difference apart from the noise.
Down your way Peter T should be able to guide you to someone that is frogsavvy in that department.

Alan S

DeKa:
Xsara VTR:
Extract taken from <a href="http://www.surefloexhaust.com.au" target="_blank">www.surefloexhaust.com.au</a>
Extractors page

"We made this set of custom tuned extractors for a V6 Peugeot Rally car. They were then HPC Coated and fitted to the car. The owner was rapt in the extra performance displayed by his car. Faster revving, more torque and increased acceleration."
But was it tested on the same dyno, before and after?

If not, it sounds like the fundamental attribution error (attributing something to an external factor) to me - you've just spent all this money so you want it to be better! We all do it, to justify our (sometimes irrational) decisions.

I wish whoever designed that site had a better grasp of the English language. Their misuse of apostrophes is appauling!! I'd like to see "Extractor's" that own themselves :D

That's my comment for the day...
Derek.
Spot on, I'd say.

JohnW

Hi Guys,

Since you think my price is insane, tell me an exhaust shop that can prove with dyno figures that every exhuast will perform. Its high quality stuff with full TUV approval! unlike backyard holden and ford muffler shops.

Nick

Alan S:
I just priced a rear muffler for my BX.
Normal galvo type: $75 Stainless: $145

You can play around for ever with mufflers, but as I say, if you are going to get fair dinkum, get a good motor man to do something under the bonnet FIRST, then worry about the exhaust after. That way when you do get the exhaust done, you'll notice some difference apart from the noise.
Down your way Peter T should be able to guide you to someone that is frogsavvy in that department.

Alan S
Ho can I get in contact with Peter T???

Scroll down this string & you'll find a posting from him; drop him a PM or e-mail & go from there.

Alan S

<a href="http://www.aussiefrogs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000429;p=3" target="_blank">Peter T</a>