DS23IE transmission cooler hose

Aye! A 1972 and later D Special is a DS by the VIN tag so we have nothing to argue about.
Next?

Gotta love the humor on this site.

Doing the Daffyduck dance via the AussieFrogs app. With a cane! gimp quack quack ow ow ow.

I'm working on that very problem, right now :approve:

and am thinking we should now discuss the meaning of red "TT" number plates in France :approve:

From Horizons Unlimited,

Similar to the German plates, red French 'TT' plates are used by non-EU Visitors buying new vehicles in France and using them under such arrangements.

When Citroen finally rereleases the DS, I think they should offer it as a locomotive because I can just see this going off the rails.

Doing the Daffyduck dance via the AussieFrogs app. With a cane! gimp quack quack ow ow ow.

When Citroen finally rereleases the DS, I think they should offer it as a locomotive because I can just see this going off the rails.

... and here is the name plate for that loco:

D_Special_Badge.JPG

It's going begging actually, but is broken between the P and E.

View attachment 58822

Shame it didn't break between the D and Special, I could have added (very) :clown:

I'll take it David, my car has been D Badged :eek:

Cheers
Chris

View attachment 58822

Ah..... David S , you know very well that I will have a come back for that.
I haven't quite worked out what it will be yet, and I may have to make it up, but there will be one.

Are you initials........DS? :eek:

Okay now I have a come back, and I have made it up:

If you look again at the badge, you will notice the D and the S are joined, by a horizontal line ,
therefore making it one word :confused:

The hyphen (‐) is a punctuation mark used to join words and to separate syllables of a single word. The use of hyphens is called hyphenation

but, more to the point;

- le freinage: la DS a toujours une pédale de frein "champignon", c'est à dire un tout petit bouton en caoutchouc. L'ID a quant à elle toujours une plus grosse pédale de frein en ferraille

The main difference between the DS and ID is the brake pedal : button for the DS , pedal for the ID. Question is what is the brake like in a DSpecial, anyone?

Last edited:
I await a better response before the trainwreck, Harrison!

It's an early Special badge. Not really correct for a 1974 model Chris. You are welcome to it if you want it, but your car would have originally worn the larger brushed aluminium plate. I'll have to hunt around for the later type, but I think I have one somewhere.

Question is what is the brake like in a DSpecial, anyone?

I await a better response before the trainwreck, Harrison!

It's an early Special badge. Not really correct for a 1974 model Chris. You are welcome to it if you want it, but your car would have originally worn the larger brushed aluminium plate. I'll have to hunt around for the later type, but I think I have one somewhere.

Am I correct Phil, in that the translation to English in this brochure for a DSpecial would read. . . ?

It is only a DS

attachment.php

I think we can put this one to bed :banana:

David of course you are correct, I hang out for the correct DSpecial badge if I'm going to fit a badge :wink2:

Cheers
Chris

Attachments

• It is only a DS.JPG
    It is only a DS.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 339
Am I correct Phil, in that the translation to English in this brochure for a DSpecial would read. . . ?

It is only a DS

attachment.php

I think we can put this one to bed :banana:

David of course you are correct, I hang out for the correct DSpecial badge if I'm going to fit a badge :wink2:

Cheers
Chris

Hey Chris, as much as I would like to use this to bolster my argument, due to the vagaries of the French language, it would be dishonest of me to say it means: It is only a DS, a more correct translation to try and keep the intended meaning would be :
There is only one DS
I've tried to read the small print so I could translate it and see if it could enlighten our current argument, but it's too small. Do you have a larger version?

However I think the result is the same., As far as the manufacturer is concerned, and most of the population at large , a DSpecial is a DS. :cheers:

Hey Chris, as much as I would like to use this to bolster my argument, due to the vagaries of the French language, it would be dishonest of me to say it means: It is only a DS, a more correct translation to try and keep the intended meaning would be :
There is only one DS
I've tried to read the small print so I could translate it and see if it could enlighten our current argument, but it's too small. Do you have a larger version?

However I think the result is the same., As far as the manufacturer is concerned, and most of the population at large , a DSpecial is a DS. :cheers:

It would then read "There is only one DS starting at 13,800F la DSpecial"

I'll find a larger version so that you can translate the fine print :wink2:

Cheers
Chris

Chris, I'm pretty sure I have a DSpecial boot badge somewhere in the shed, if you're looking for the later type.

6.jpg5.jpg

Buoyed by Greenblood's latest discovery, I have researched far and wide to try and find out what the F<>@#$ is going on!
and now, here is the tangible proof of an :
ANGLOSAXON LED CONSPIRACY !!!!!!!

Here: Please observe the two attached ads, one for the French market, another for the English.

And I ask you, what does it say?

In French : There is only one DS (including the DSpecial)

in English: D Range.

So there is the source of all our arguing: the English speaking world has been fed bullshit all these years believing the DSpecial is not a DS,
Whereas to the French: there is only one DS .

My dear friends it is official: Your are D Ranged.

Now where's my box of pills

All those ID19B owners can now sit smugly knowing their car has just risen in value, being a DSpecial in all but name.

What year was the advert from? It seems odd that that advert would be for an earlier 'DSpecial' going by the steering wheel, yet it would have worn the 'D Special' badge mentioned earlier. Confusing?

I've mailed a later badge to Chris, Harrison, but it's marked. You may have a better example to offer.

That early (and broken) 'D Special' badge is still on offer for anyone wanting it.

Last edited: