DS23 Pallas 1973 restoration

Pallas trim.png

I might be able to help....
Are we referring to the narrow SS strips at the bottom of the side panels?
I have 2 late model Pallas cars offering bits to worthy restorations.
I'll see of I have a full set in reasonable order.
Bob,
Thank you for your offer.
I am missing the the upper and lower trims on the rear quarter panels. There's a short one just under the "C" pillar plus the long one at the base
I am also missing the two lower short ones on the front panels.
That's six in all. I have the upper and lower on the four doors

If Buttercup can help with the correct parts, that's a good outcome. Worst case, you can cut down a longer one and finish the cut end with heat + bend + file + polish. The CX Pallas door top strips are the same profile from memory. I should have a couple spare if you get really stuck. Be careful removing and fitting these thin strips as they can bend easily if you lever them off or hit them with a mallet to fit back onto the clips. The little red palstic clips are a fairly generic item. Wurth would sell them in a box if you need a lot.

When it comes to the door trims for any interior rework, be super careful with the stainless strips up against the glass on the inside. These snap on over a steel rail that is screwed to the door and that is how there are no visible screws. Like the roof side trims, these are a little difficult and if you bend them, they can be very hard to reuse. Also, there are a couple of short screws for the stainless door card top edge holder that need to go back where they were or they foul the lock mechanism. There are some threads on these issues linked to in the sticky 'excellent threads' thread.

The thin external trims slide onto the red clips, no need to hit them with anything. Just go slowly so as not to gouge the paint with the front edge.

A very fine putty knife makes getting the internal door top trim off a breeze. Insert the corer of the knife at one end and then slide the knife down the length of the trim. Don't use screwdrivers or anything else to prise it off as you will damage the rolled over edge rendering the trim useless. Refitting them is another storey and does require the use of a soft mallet.

If Buttercup can help with the correct parts, that's a good outcome. Worst case, you can cut down a longer one and finish the cut end with heat + bend + file + polish. The CX Pallas door top strips are the same profile from memory. I should have a couple spare if you get really stuck. Be careful removing and fitting these thin strips as they can bend easily if you lever them off or hit them with a mallet to fit back onto the clips. The little red palstic clips are a fairly generic item. Wurth would sell them in a box if you need a lot.

When it comes to the door trims for any interior rework, be super careful with the stainless strips up against the glass on the inside. These snap on over a steel rail that is screwed to the door and that is how there are no visible screws. Like the roof side trims, these are a little difficult and if you bend them, they can be very hard to reuse. Also, there are a couple of short screws for the stainless door card top edge holder that need to go back where they were or they foul the lock mechanism. There are some threads on these issues linked to in the sticky 'excellent threads' thread.
Thank you so much for your comments and offer. We'll see how things pan out
Rob

I might be able to help....
Are we referring to the narrow SS strips at the bottom of the side panels?
I have 2 late model Pallas cars offering bits to worthy restorations.
I'll see of I have a full set in reasonable order.
So, to all seeing this thread.
I've been watching a show on SBS called "Forged in Fire". Its a yankee show about knife making and I've learned a lot about steel and forging and heat treating.
I really recommend it and my wife is a great fan as well - we are well and truly hooked.
Tonight on the show I heard a great quote: "Why pay $30 for an item when you can spend $600 making it yourself"
Does that resonate with Citroen owners?

So, to all seeing this thread.
I've been watching a show on SBS called "Forged in Fire". Its a yankee show about knife making and I've learned a lot about steel and forging and heat treating.
I really recommend it and my wife is a great fan as well - we are well and truly hooked.
Tonight on the show I heard a great quote: "Why pay $30 for an item when you can spend $600 making it yourself"
Does that resonate with Citroen owners?
Of course!