Drop a PRV V6 into a 505

There are some horror stories about explosions... I've never worried about it, but some do.

To me, the biggest downside is that if you run out you have to get towed to a servo. And the container is harder to house in the car.

I used LPG in a HiAce for a few years, was great.

Get the wrong carby and they drink like a fish. Mine has a Holley and it always runs a bit rich no matter how you adjust it, and it gets about 12 mpg, one af the main reasons it has been unregistered for a while. Maybe I will find a Weber manifold and get it going again. Nobody wants to buy it deal cry

bowie:
the prv?? maybe.. how much?
Bowie,

There's a 504 with a PRV V6 engine at Pick&Payless wrecker in Blacktown (Tatersall Rd) at the moment. It had a 5 speed in it, but one of the guys from the club got that last saturday.

You should be able to pick up the engine, radiator and mountings for under $250.

Dave

bowie:
thanks dave.. :D :D
You'd actually be better off taking a 2849cc injected V6 from one of the Volvos there if you can, and then just get the radiator and engine mounting brackets from the 504.

Most of the V6's will be 2.7 litre, but if you look under the bonnet of the Volvos, there is a plate which says the capacity. Wait until you find one which says 2849cc and buy that.

Not only are the bigger V6s more torquey, but they are also of the correct age to make a swap into an early 505 straight forward from an emissions/legality point of view.

The 2.7's are usually pre-1981 and therefore only suitable for a pre-1981 505 as far as the NSW RTA is concerned. You can get around this but it's alot less mucking around in NSW if you have an engine of a similar or newer vintage to the car, when you do these non-original engine swaps.

Dave

<small>[ 12 August 2003, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: davemcbean ]</small>

thank you again... i wasnt aware of such...

im actually on the eye out for a donk for my father however for his 504..

As much as a try to convince him that you lot are all nice and friendly.. and rarly bite.. hes shill a shy old man.. lol "kidding dad" lol

Thanks a lot about that info regarging legalities of the swap however.. wink