DPF warning, Peugeot 407 2008 model

UNM

Fellow Frogger
A few days ago, a DPF warning came up on the dash.
According to the manual
"With the engine running, this indicates that the particle filter is starting to become saturated (exceptionally prolonged urban driving type conditions: low speed, long traffic jams...) or a low diesel additive reservoir level.
In order to regenerate the filter, you are advised to drive, as soon as possible when the traffic conditions permit, at a speed of 40mph (60 km/h) or above for at least five minutes (until the warning light is switched off).
If the warning light remains on, contact a PEUGEOT dealer."

I drove in 4th gear at a steady 80-100km/hr for about 12-15 minutes, so the engine was at approx 2500-3000rpm.
Every time I start the car, this light now comes on as part of the routine checks, then goes out while driving.

So, can anyone confirm that it is just telling me to top up the EOLYS fluid?

I hope to get time to hook up the Delphi DS150 in the next day or two and will check what it has to say, but am pretty sure the time has come to put in some fluid as it is up to 196,000km.

DPF warning.jpg

I have found the answer. The LCD display is now telling me that fluid level is low.
All good.
Now I just need to find a source of fluid, or someone trustworthy and economical to do the job

I know EAI used to stock the genuine fluid, but JLM sell one that they claim is compatible and there are a couple on eBAY that may or may nto be genuine/compatible.

Last edited:
You will need a scan tool to reset the counter.
The computer keeps track of how much it is using to work out when it is running low.

You will need a scan tool to reset the counter.
The computer keeps track of how much it is using to work out when it is running low.

Yup, the Delphi DS150 (as frequently recommended by dmccurtayne) should do the job.

I will likely buy a 3l refill pack from EAI (about $350) and only use half as I am certain I wont still have the car in another 100000km/10yr from now.
The JLM product is about $100 per litre and doesnt come with a refill kit, so unlikely to save much by going with that, even if it is as good as the original.

Bought the EOLYS176 from EAI. I ended up using the whole pack as it leaked slightly when turning off part way through and I did not want to store something this toxic in the garage where pets or people might get to it.

Followed instructions from the Citroen forum here:
https://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/index.php?threads/eloys-fluid-top-up.140469/

It was mostly an easy job, except for getting that pesky connector off the side of the tank. That connector seems to get filled with dirt and then the click connector doesnt disengage. Took ages to get it off and even after a good clean, it was a PITA again to get it off the filling tube adapter. Still only took 2 hrs all up, includign double checking EAI had sold me the correct fluid (they had).

Resetting the fluid level with the DS150E was a 2 minute job. Very easy to use.

I have found the answer. The LCD display is now telling me that fluid level is low.
All good.
Now I just need to find a source of fluid, or someone trustworthy and economical to do the job

I know EAI used to stock the genuine fluid, but JLM sell one that they claim is compatible and there are a couple on eBAY that may or may nto be genuine/compatible.
Please confirm. You get the FAP indicator after oil OK and tyre precession check is complete. Then goes off when you drive. This was in your experience just a low Eolys fluid warning? I'm having same problem.

It's a while ago now, so my memory may not be 100%.

The person that sold the car to me said they had recently replaced the DPF due to ongoing warnings when driving. I only had warnings.on the dash a couple of times.

The main multifunction LCD display in the centre of the dash eventually displayed a low fluid level warning while driving - apparently this is based on a calculated fluid level rather than an actual sensor.
I added correct EOLYS fluid purchased from EAI and reset the warning using diagbox, haven't had issues in years now and the fluid should last for the life of the car.