eloys fluid top -up

AntonD

Fellow Frogger
Hi all,
My C5 with rhr hdi engine and 218k has just had the warning for low dpf fluid come up. A few questions:
- how urgent is it to get the fluid topped up?
- will it go into limp mode if not immediately attended to?
- is it a job I can do myself, taking into account that I do all mechanical work myself for years, or is it something that I need to go to a mechanic for?

Thanks for your help
Anton

I have looked up ebay and eolys 176 fluid seems to be the correct type for my vehicle which is C5 mk2 rhr engine. Could anyone confirm that?
As far as the process to fill it seems straight forward enough.

The tank is under the car in front of the rear left wheel. Climb under and check the colour of the press button on the pipe click fitting at the side of the tank. The required fluid type is:
- green or white Infineum F7995 RP9492>
- green - Infineum F7995
- blue - Eolys Powerflex.

It's probably Infineum, but check anyway. EAI can supply the right stuff. The additive should come with a tube and coupling to the tank. There are how-tos on filling. This stuff is rather nasty, so dispose of the waste properly.

You will then need Diagbox to reset the computer, which still thinks the tank is empty.

This has been covered before in AF.

PS: 176 was used pre-2011 but has been replaced.
PPS: I assumed an X7 for the tank location. The early car probably has it there too. C4s do.

here we are: https://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/index.php?threads/lexia-and-eolys.127569/

Last edited:
Anton, I have just done mine following instructions in UFOs post which you will find with the much improved forum search function. I also added a section on how to use Diagbox to reset the system after a fluid refill. EAI supplied 176 for me to put in my car.

I was reading about this on the UK forum and the ECU will stop doing regenerations at some stage but not exactly sure when. You start to get blocked messages when the DPF is over 75% full and its a real replacement drama if they get close to 100%. So I did mine within a period to 2 diesel tank refills just to be sure.

Cheers, Ken

Reactions: UFO
I have a white button on the fitting. Does that mean 176 fluid? And by the looks of the size of the tank about 3 litres would be required to fill it. I do not have access to a diagbox so what happens if you fill and leave it? Theoretically the ecu should reset itself at some stage or not?

I have a white button on the fitting. Does that mean 176 fluid? And by the looks of the size of the tank about 3 litres would be required to fill it. I do not have access to a diagbox so what happens if you fill and leave it? Theoretically the ecu should reset itself at some stage or not?
Phone EAI and if you can speak to Martin who will ask you for your vehicle's VIN. No VIN and he will ask you to provide it as he likes to ensure the correct part is supplied. There are different types of EOLYS according to VIN.

Don't speculate, get the right one and do the job properly soon.

You need to get the Diagbox pack repair done or the ECU will never know you have refilled the tank. There is not a level detector in the tank, the ECU just counts how many times it has commanded an injection into the diesel tank to estimate how much is left in the additive tank.

It also has the benefit that it gets rid of the bong bong bong diesel filter fluid low warning you get whenever you start the car.

Hopefully you can find someone nearby who has a Diagbox system.

Cheers, Ken

I have just found the attached info from a C6 website. White button means Rhodia DPX42 according to them...

The additive DPX42 must be used for vehicles with a rigid reservoir for the additive filter up to RPO 9491

WARNING 'Adblue' must NOT be used in a C6 it is NOT compatible.

Caution: from RPO number 9492 the additive used corresponds to the 'clickfit' union on the additive reservoir.

• Green Clickfit: Eolys 176 (until stocks are exhausted)
  • Green Clickfit: Infineum F7995
  • Blue Clickfit: Rhodia Powerflex
  • White Clickfit: Rhodia DPX42
Later additives are in a 'flexible pouch' and it is simpler to change the pouch, as they aren't designed to be re filled.

eolys%20mix.png

Hi. different car same topic. Does anyone have experience with the JLM Diesel DPF Refill Fluid 1ltr- J02260 product? According to the information I can find on the internet, the JLM is a universal replacement for the Eolys 176, that my 2.0Lt HDi Peugeot 308 requires. The cost of this product is 25% of the Eolys option. It is also available locally in Australia.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Whippet.

Hi. different car same topic. Does anyone have experience with the JLM Diesel DPF Refill Fluid 1ltr- J02260 product? According to the information I can find on the internet, the JLM is a universal replacement for the Eolys 176, that my 2.0Lt HDi Peugeot 308 requires. The cost of this product is 25% of the Eolys option. It is also available locally in Australia.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Whippet.

[/URL]
I have just been investigating this. those bottles are only 1litre. So it is actually quite a bit more expensive than AEI. I just sent them a message and they replied within 5minutes.

EOLYS 176 3L genuine $349.80, non-genuine $209.00.

Postage/freight if required is an extra charge.

At first I thought "gee's bloody expensive" ...... then realised it was for 3litres, and everywhere else is selling 1 litre bottles. I will buy in the non-gen refill kit.

seeya,
shane L.