degreaser

DoubleChevron

Real cars have hydraulics
VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
I'm down to my last couple of tins of export degreaser. Does anyone know where this is available these days? I asked at supercheap and they said there SCA brand is the same stuff just relabelled (which is weird as I remember trying SCA degreasesr and it was crap).

I've just grabbed some "boston degreaser" from bunnings.

I sprayed a bit into the lid..... it smells and looks just like export degreaser (which I think its mostly kero). Has anyone else found it anywhere recently? I'll let you guys know if its as good as the export stuff.

seeya
Shane L.

I have a couple of brand new Exports, that would have come from the local mechanics' parts place. (Not a retail chain like Supercheap etc). The sort of place that has a row of blokes manning phones, but alas not in Ballarat. There must be such a business in a town of that size.

Wow, you still have a "real" autoparts store? We really only have supercrap, autobarn and autopro left. All glitz, glammer and bullcrap rather than a sensible "mechanical" type product range.

The bunnings degreaser certainly work and smells like export ..... So that makes it easy to find. Its a shame you can't buy a "slab" of it at a time :) I use it more for cleaning up oil slopped on the floor than I do for "degreasing" stuff.

Mmmm, I hope so. I just bought a 12 pack of SCA on special.

Mmmm, I hope so. I just bought a 12 pack of SCA on special.
its not export, its SCA brand .... I did try it at one point and thought it was rubbish (maybe it was all in my head). I'll have to try it again.

Repco stuff is good and they often have bulk-buy offers. Got half a dozen for $12 a few months ago.

Have fun,

Rob.

That's cheap! They had a sale last year but had no stock out here. So I emptied everything off the shelves they had, brake clean, contact cleaner, degreaser .... The export degreaser works better than their degreaser IMO :) ....... the guy behind the counter was most unimpressed, he kept trying to get me to buy another brand ..... As they had an advertised sale, but no stock, which looks bad.

Not sure if you are still looking for Export Degreaser Shane? But I found this

Well it still exists then! I'll have to do a drive around the junk shops and see if any stock it :)

I have 11.5 cans of SCA for sale if anyone is interested. $5 for the lot.

Shell lite is the best degreaser doesn’t leave that filmy residue like can based stuff

yeah, i think the export degreaser is mostly just kero .... so works in a similar fashion! I like it as it comes in a $2.00 pressure pack and works!