Darlington Park Track Day

Teeny bit OT...

Was browsing the twincam.org forums (bored) and found this photo of a couple of corolla's at some queensland track (somewhere with a lot of tarmac!), with an understated 205 gti bonnet up in the background. Those dark 15" wheels look an awful lot like goodwood speedlines!

Could that be somewhere at darlington park?

I wonder how that 205 went against those 4age powered toyota's (some are pretty quick!).

Attachments

• whospug.jpg
    whospug.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 219
Cubits said:
Teeny bit OT...

Was browsing the twincam.org forums (bored) and found this photo of a couple of corolla's at some queensland track (somewhere with a lot of tarmac!), with an understated 205 gti bonnet up in the background. Those dark 15" wheels look an awful lot like goodwood speedlines!

I wonder how that 205 went against those 4age powered toyota's (some are pretty quick!).

Yes, it's darlington park

Cubits said:
Teeny bit OT...

That's jr20516v's 205 GTi Mi16. It's the marshaling area on the bottom half of the track. Grab some of the in car videos on twincam.org to get an idea of the track (there's a video of one of the Seca guys having a huge moment, very lucky). It is a tight track and does not suffer fools lightly but in saying that, it's a highly rewarding track. I think that's my 206 in the background. :D

Rich

That's DP alright. The Pugs & Corollas seemes very close all day. This time there will be a few higher powered cars to tangle with, hopefully including my own.

So who's coming?

So which froggers are heading to DP im taking the jap buzz box to QR on the saturday hopefully it holds up there so should make it to DP.

Looks like a fun weekend

I'm there. :D

If it can be organised, i'm also doing morgan park on the wednesday, and might have a go at QR inbetween (hahah.. so unlikekly).

Uncertain at this stage. Waiting for some toss in the US to pull his finger out and post me the water injection kit :evil:

Cal.

Uncertain as well. I've got a private track day out at QR on 1 June, some WPS guys might be joining in the fun so it should be a good day. Will let you know either way.

Rich

Cal, hopefully it'll be nice & cool by then so you may not need the water.

Zen, come on mate. DP is a lot more fun than QR :D

Candellan said:
Cal, hopefully it'll be nice & cool by then so you may not need the water.

I needed the water at 4psi, I'm sure I'll need it at 9. :wink2:

Cal.

sorry Candellan you will have to take me off the list, have to go for a wedding on that day.

Some shit always popping up

immy s16 said:
sorry Candellan you will have to take me off the list, have to go for a wedding on that day.

Some shit always popping up
So that's a definite not coming then?

DATE CHANGE!!

We got bumped to 11 June because the track has been double booked. The track owner died 2 weeks ago & their timetable has been upset by this.

Total Driver have apologized sincerely for the mistake & I hope you can all come along on the revised day.

Woah!

Ummm, ok... Think i can do then.

I squeezed my budget so, so tight to get my car in track condition, and bought a helmet etc... but damn i was cutting it close (really need to do that oil-change!).

Now i can actually get the brake fluid changed too (couldn't afford it), oh and i can finally get that haircut!!

Sad about the track owner, but i suppose the time shift will see a better frenchie turnout, so whee! :)

Tony Stephens Snr passed away 2 weeks ago. While I didn't know him personally, I do appreciate the fact he built DP & put up with so much crap trying to get the track comissioned & recognised by CAMS, but to no avail.

Good to see you can make it Immy & Cubits. Who needs a haircut anyway :D

On the bright side I too will have the time & money to get my car finished.

So is the 11th still happening? Are you full up yet? I may be able to make it now. Car goes on the dyno next Wednesday night.

Cal.

Cal said:
So is the 11th still happening? Are you full up yet? I may be able to make it now. Car goes on the dyno next Wednesday night.

Cal.
Still on. We could do with a few more bodies in cars as some have pulled out at the last minute.