• Tapatalk and Mobile iOS/ Android APPs no longer supported on aussiefrogs.com. Please delete on your device. Use the web interface instead.

D SUPER 5 ANNOYING FRONT RHS. SUSPENSION RATTLE, ANY ANSWERS??

faulksy

Worn out ball joints on the wishbones or anti roll bar drop link? Maybe a really loose anti roll bar bearing cap? There’s no rubber bushes to wear out. Are you sure it’s the suspension and not the drive shaft?

DON GRAY

Worn out ball joints on the wishbones or anti roll bar drop link? Maybe a really loose anti roll bar bearing cap? There’s no rubber bushes to wear out. Are you sure it’s the suspension and not the drive shaft?
Thanks for getting me back, the b/ joints seem ok so did the roll bar links, i suspect the roll bar plastic bearings. On a normal car the sound woul d be 90% drop link related. ds`s Ive had in the past often had the same rattle...I just put up with it in those days....cheers don

DON GRAY

All good suggestions. I would be starting with the anti-roll-bar bearings. They are the usual suspect.

Roger
Thanks for your suggestion, Im of the same opinion.... ive checked the ball joints and drop links and they seem ok. On a normal car the sound would be 90% drop link related. many thanks.Don Gray

On both our Ds, we had to replace the front bottom suspension arm. Over time water gets in to the bottom bearing housing.... you get the rest. Our problems both occurred on the passenger side which makes sense given puddles and rough road edges. This may not be your problem, but if the LHS has been replaced in the past, it might now be time for the right side.

DON GRAY

On both our Ds, we had to replace the front bottom suspension arm. Over time water gets in to the bottom bearing housing.... you get the rest. Our problems both occurred on the passenger side which makes sense given puddles and rough road edges. This may not be your problem, but if the LHS has been replaced in the past, it might now be time for the right side.

DON GRAY

Hi...THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY...IVE CHECKED THE BOTTOM ARMS...BRIEFLY... SEEMED OK, BUT,....I`LL PUT UP WITH IT FOR NOW, MAYBE DO THE PLASTIC A.R.B. BEARINGS FIRST, IN CASE ITS THEM. CHEERS DON GRAY.

Dapco Auto France