D Model Radio Solution.

Hello, I haven't bought the radio yet, but I have fitted speakers. At the rear I replaced the two old speakers with a central dual voice coil speaker from Retrosound. The holes for the old ones were very close to the seat belt mountings, so I cut up an old parcel shelf and welded that in place. At the front, I used another dual voice coil speaker from Retrosound and shoe horned it in.
With the front grill, I sanded the back off until I was left with the grid, then I glued on some expanded aluminium.

At least now I have stereo front and back in preparation for the radio. At the moment I'm using a £15 ebay special. Once the Retrosound is in, I'll fill the hole in the dashboard with a DIN size cup holder.

Attachments

• DSC00449.jpg
    DSC00449.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 375
  • DSC00450.jpg
    DSC00450.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 370
Hi Peter,
I had thought about doing similar with the front speaker - but. . .
Mounting the speaker from below the shelf you will no longer be able to use the two screws to fix the radio in place from above. That is, to use the original cubby mounts, these would need to be fixed before the speaker is in place - the OEM speaker mounted from above after the radio was in place.

No doubt you have a cunning plan :wink2:

Cheers
Chris

I thought this was an interesting evolution in auto entertainment. Not mine but a German car. Would be good if it worked with Apple "CarPlay".

Attachments

• Radio Solution.jpg
    Radio Solution.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 388
Hi Tim,
I liked it and I like it :wink2:

Smartening up the cubby frame and ashtray silver has made a world of difference, nice knobs, black buttons, perfect ! Very very cool :cool:

Cheers
Chris

Thread revival. . .

I often browse some of the OS Citroen forums and today found another installation in the Netherlands :wink2:

https://www.citroen-forum.nl/forums/viewthread/182380/P870/#2062464

540.jpg

There are now well over 100 kits installed in cars all over the globe, the more recent sold via Citroen Classics UK - thank you Darrin and Kris :wink2:

Cheers
Chris

The April 2022 edition of Octane (Issue 226) has a feature on the DS with, of course, some beautiful photographs of the best example they can find.

Is that Chris' kit in the photos?

Attachments

• Greenblood radio.jpg
    Greenblood radio.jpg
    855.7 KB · Views: 111