CX 2.5 IE Auto for sale on Ebay

sferg said:
I had to buy it to get a boot catch for the one I have.

Well done! I confess to once buying a Renault R8 for the boot lid badge and the number plates. This could start a whole new thread of confessions!

Hope it lives up to the description - I suspect it will.

Cheers

JohnW

sferg said:
I had to buy it to get a boot catch for the one I have.

2225 for a boot catch, see it is true Sitrun bits are expensive, and so typical of these modern cars all the extra bits you have to take with the bit you need. :roflmao: :roflmao:

Anybody taken the time to compare the lock assembly on a BX to a CX?
I haven't looked really close, but to me they look awefully close so it might be an interesting comparison, after all, there's a fair amount of other parts that interchange; oil filter, rear pads to name 2 off hand. :confused: :confused:

Alan S :cheers:

JohnW said:
Looks like Zykra was beaten by $25! Ebay auctions require careful attention in the last 30 seconds!!

Let us hope the new owner is one of ours!

JohnW

Bloody sniper didnt work!! Oh well! I was climbing Bluff Knoll yesterday & didnt realise till late last night, tis a shame, could have done with another CX25 in WA.
Thanks to George 1/8th for the heads up as well, twas appreciated. :cheers:

zykyra said:
Bloody sniper didnt work!! Oh well! I was climbing Bluff Knoll yesterday & didnt realise till late last night, tis a shame, could have done with another CX25 in WA.
Thanks to George 1/8th for the heads up as well, twas appreciated. :cheers:

You are welcome mate.
Cheers....George 1/8th. :cheers: :cool:

DoubleChevron said:
Hi John,

I've already emailed him a couple of days ago (with suggestion on how to fix the tacho/fuel guage too).

seeya,
Shane L.
PS: I never got a reply, so possibly he just wants the car gone :confused:

Gooday Shane

I now have the car home after a 14 hour drive and now have to decide which one to register. I think it might be better than mine.
Could you send me your suggestions to fix the tacho & fuel gauge. I can find the sensor unit under the floor but don't want to damage it by using too much brute force getting it out.
bye
Sandy

sferg said:
Gooday Shane

I now have the car home after a 14 hour drive and now have to decide which one to register. I think it might be better than mine.
Could you send me your suggestions to fix the tacho & fuel gauge. I can find the sensor unit under the floor but don't want to damage it by using too much brute force getting it out.
bye
Sandy

Hi Sandy,

if you lift the mat in the boot there may be an access flap to the fuel sender (most likely not), only later cars have them.

Does your car have a normal coils/dizzie or twin transformer coils. If it's a normal dizzie, find the coil. There should be serveral wires plugged to it, one of these is the tacho pickup. If you have twin transformer coils I think the tacho is driven by the Thomas Brandt ignition computer. This has a couple of locations. It might be in the drivers footwell in your CX (somebody help me :confused: ).

seeya,
Shane L.

DoubleChevron said:
Hi Sandy,

if you lift the mat in the boot there may be an access flap to the fuel sender (most likely not), only later cars have them.

Does your car have a normal coils/dizzie or twin transformer coils. If it's a normal dizzie, find the coil. There should be serveral wires plugged to it, one of these is the tacho pickup. If you have twin transformer coils I think the tacho is driven by the Thomas Brandt ignition computer. This has a couple of locations. It might be in the drivers footwell in your CX (somebody help me :confused: ).

seeya,
Shane L.
Thanks Shane. I already found the access hole & the fuel sender. Looks like a turn round & release fitting but I'm not sure & don't want to damage it.
It has twin coils.
bye
Sandy

Didn't some of those have it mounted on the firewall behind the glovebox?

BTW Sandy, depending on the weather, I might be coming your way in the next few weeks (it's been on & off for about 12 months) to visit in-laws in Gunnedah. When I know a date, I'll PM you and try to catch up.

Alan S

Ok,

BTW: Before you get carried away I'd be checking the instrument binnacle first anyway. You see you have two inoperative instruments that are nearly side by side. As a test I suggest you pull the wiring connector off the tank. The guage should read empty. Then short the wires and the guage should read full.

If you see no difference I suggest you check the instrument binnacle before going any further (the circuit ribon they use in them develops poor connections that are easily cleaned). eg: see mine below:

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/shane/cx2500/guages/oilguage.htm

seeya,
Shane L.