CX 2.5 IE Auto for sale on Ebay

JohnW

Too many posts!
VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Another one! I don't think it's listed on Aussiefrogs, may be wrong of course.

JohnW

JohnW said:
Another one! I don't think it's listed on Aussiefrogs, may be wrong of course.

JohnW

It's not a bad looking car, I'd be tempted if I had any $$$$. Check out the interior shot, the steering and door trims look good (which leaves me to believe this has probably been garaged it's whole life and never left in the sun).

The description sounds slightly suss. But I could be wrong, things like "It can't take a baby seat so must be sold ...." Every CX ever made that was sold in Australia has baby seat anchorages (every car by Australian law must). I guess a possibility is someone has chopped the anchorages out of the parcel shelf to fit speakers :confused:

seeya,
Shane L.

DoubleChevron said:
It's not a bad looking car, I'd be tempted if I had any $$$$. Check out the interior shot, the steering and door trims look good (which leaves me to believe this has probably been garaged it's whole life and never left in the sun).

The description sounds slightly suss. But I could be wrong, things like "It can't take a baby seat so must be sold ...." Every CX ever made that was sold in Australia has baby seat anchorages (every car by Australian law must). I guess a possibility is someone has chopped the anchorages out of the parcel shelf to fit speakers :confused:

seeya,
Shane L.

Perhaps he doesn't know!! I'll email him - good point. It looks quite good, does it not? Now if I could sell the Xantia......

Cheers

JohnW

Hi John,

I've already emailed him a couple of days ago (with suggestion on how to fix the tacho/fuel guage too).

seeya,
Shane L.
PS: I never got a reply, so possibly he just wants the car gone :confused:

DoubleChevron said:
Hi John,

I've already emailed him a couple of days ago (with suggestion on how to fix the tacho/fuel guage too).

seeya,
Shane L.
PS: I never got a reply, so possibly he just wants the car gone :confused:

Nor did I. Back to him then. Be interesting to follow the auction.

Cheers

JohnW

Every CX ever made that was sold in Australia has baby seat anchorages

Check out the interior shot, the steering and door trims look good

Another possibility is that it is an import? (i.e. no sun, no anchorages)

Sputnik said:
Every CX ever made that was sold in Australia has baby seat anchorages

Check out the interior shot, the steering and door trims look good

Another possibility is that it is an import? (i.e. no sun, no anchorages)

Your not allowed to register an imported car without first fitting baby seat anchorages. This is the only reason my CX has them fitted (we fitted them ourselves so it could get an engineers certificate). Now more interesting will be trying to fit them to the 2CV :eek:

seeya,
Shane L.

Um, these baby-seat anchorages, do they look like a bolt with a wide, flanged head?

If so, are you legally allowed to remove them? They're a serious nuisance on the otherwise perfectly flat load space of a GS wagon, especially when you have the seat folded down and you're trying to slide furniture in...

Chris

Hi Chris,

AFAIK - there is nothing to stop you taking the bolts out - I would advise putting some sort of cap over them if you can to stop them filling up with dirt, in case you do ever need them though. The actual 'anchorages' are the holes, not the bolts.

Paul

Hi Chris,

AFAIK - there is nothing to stop you taking the bolts out - I would advise putting some sort of cap over them if you can to stop them filling up with dirt, in case you do ever need them though. The actual 'anchorages' are the holes, not the bolts.

It could be the vulnerable point of the rust spots though might it be worth treating the holes for rust......:confused:

danielsydney said:
might it be worth treating the holes for rust......:confused:

LOL if I did that... I'd have to treat the whole car for rust :roflmao: :roflmao:

Rustproofing? The only thing keeping my car intact is a dry climate. The underseal is peeling off in big strips (I should replace it in the wheelarches, but gawd that's an awful job).

:adrink:
Chris

DoubleChevron said:
Your not allowed to register an imported car without first fitting baby seat anchorages. This is the only reason my CX has them fitted (we fitted them ourselves so it could get an engineers certificate).

Things like this seem to be hit and miss. I've known of some yellow plated personal imports that don't have the anchorage points and some that do. The ones that didn't had all the proper documentation etc. It would seem that not all personal imports are (or were) treated the same.

Hi Guys,

I received a reply from the CX seller last night. He has found the baby seat anchorages, but the car must go. His wifes decided on an Astra :eek: :eek:

Geee's you'd divorce her before selling a CX (especially a quite nice looking CX2500 ie) :roflmao: :roflmao:

seeya,
Shane L.
PS: If I was in the market for a CX. I'd certainly go and look at that one in the flesh. It does look good in the photo's ( I dont' trust photos, they hide to much).

chris said:
Thanks Paul.

The plugs will keep the dust out too :banana:

Chris

I'd personally screw in either another set of bolts with ground down ends, so things slide over them, or use a bolt shank only with a screwdriver slot and a little Loctite.

Cheers

JohnW

only one bid...

Hi Guys,
it looks like there's only about 22 hrs to go and the auction for this nice looking white CX 2500 ie will be all over. :wink2:
Good luck Zykra, I hope you succeed. :headbang:
It looks like a good car, nice pictures.
Cheers...George 1/8th. :cheers: :cool:

George 1/8th said:
Hi Guys,
it looks like there's only about 22 hrs to go and the auction for this nice looking white CX 2500 ie will be all over. :wink2:
Good luck Zykra, I hope you succeed. :headbang:
It looks like a good car, nice pictures.
Cheers...George 1/8th. :cheers: :cool:

Looks like Zykra was beaten by $25! Ebay auctions require careful attention in the last 30 seconds!!

Let us hope the new owner is one of ours!

JohnW

JohnW said:
Looks like Zykra was beaten by $25! Ebay auctions require careful attention in the last 30 seconds!!

Let us hope the new owner is one of ours!

JohnW

I was watching that one with fingers poised, but the realization that I have more than enough cars at home currently kept them off the keyboard, but back to the point, it wasnt the last 30 seconds try 30 odd minutes.

cruiserman said:
I was watching that one with fingers poised, but the realization that I have more than enough cars at home currently kept them off the keyboard, but back to the point, it wasnt the last 30 seconds try 30 odd minutes.

Well, same for me too! Looked well worth picking up, but what to sell to make space????? And how to sell it/them for that matter!

JohnW