Col's Renault R12 Wagon restoration

Some more progress today.

This time the mission was to straighten up the damaged trailing arm brackets. I think one of the previous owners thought this car was the Sinpar version and took it off road. As you can see the bracket has a bit of a bend in it.
IMG_5668.JPG

I removed the bolt that holds the trailing arm to the bracket, took a little effort to get the bolt out, but it came out after a bit of twisting the bolt and tapping with a copper mallet.

I tried using a hammer and a drift to straighten the bracket but could not budge it, not a lot of room to get a good swing. So had to come up with another way. there was no where close by to push against using a bottle jack or a porta power.

The next plan was to make up some kind of puller out of flat bar, then I remember that the R12 tow bars are held in with 50 x 6 flat bar. So hunted around the shed and manage to find where I had stashed my R12 Tow Bar flat bars. Found a suitable bolt, some washers and a nut.
IMG_5671.JPG

As luck has it the flat bars fitted perfectly, just like they were made for the job. Took several goes at pressing the two bars together to get the bracket back into shape
IMG_5669.JPG

The final result, not perfect but a lot better than what it was. I now have the other side to do as this is also bent.
IMG_5672.JPG

What res size are your pics COL? Start with and end with?
Mine start around 4k> x 3k> and I change to 2k x 1.5k with ratio kept via xnview

What res size are your pics COL? Start with and end with?
Mine start around 4k> x 3k> and I change to 2k x 1.5k with ratio kept via xnview
Depends on what I'm using to take the pics.

If I use my DSLR which is a Canon EOS 60D the photos are taken at full resolution, I resize them on the camera to 300K and upload straight from the SD card.

If I use my phone which is a Nokia G22 I take the again at full resolution, down load the to my desktop PC and then use FastStone photo resizer to get the pics under 1K then upload.

Just an example the pics that were uploaded in post # 141, I used the DSLR, so they would of been resized to 300K on the camera.

Depends on what I'm using to take the pics.

If I use my DSLR which is a Canon EOS 60D the photos are taken at full resolution, I resize them on the camera to 300K and upload straight from the SD card.

If I use my phone which is a Nokia G22 I take the again at full resolution, down load the to my desktop PC and then use FastStone photo resizer to get the pics under 1K then upload.

Just an example the pics that were uploaded in post # 141, I used the DSLR, so they would of been resized to 300K on the camera.
Just to clarify a little better the pic sizes:

For the DSLR I size to 0.3M (300K) 720 x 480 pixels is what is on the screen of the camera. All the other resize options are to large for Aussiefrogs.

For my phone I resize the photos anything from around 400Kb to 900Kb to suit the Aussiefrog 100Kb limit.

Yes keeping them under a 900kb is the only way. Mostly with my resizing all seems fine and still keep a nice size on screen.
e.g.

Resize Original.jpg
Resize New.jpg

Reactions: COL