Citroen Ebay listings..

Hi Alec we are the lucky ones being able to see what Citroens are all about so keep it to ourselves, dont want to be taken over by the other lot.

Saleri water pumps listed for early CX2200.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/264087383940
A fairly obscure listing and they have 2 at approx. $100 each.
I can't think why these might not suit a 2400. Possibly the pulley?

I used to have a couple of them around somewhere. No-one wants them. They only have single "V" belt drive and no A/C. I have never even seen a picture of a CX with a single 'V' belt. Serpentine belt, twin belts, but never the single 'V' belt of those water pumps.

I did destroy one of the pumps trying to fit a usable pulley to it. The entire alloy body shattered well before I could apply enough pressure to push the pulley of the shaft :( Infact I destroyed and buckled the pulley, absolutely shattered the alloy housing and didn't budge that pulley even one tiny little millimeter.

seeya,
shane L.

I do know that it was painted pink because that is what the daughter wanted at the time. I got used to the 4 headlight model after owning a GS Pallas for 10 years. It did have the advantage of putting 220 watts of QI light out there on high beam instead of 110 watts with the standard lights. All the Pallas versions that came into Aust had these lights as the 'Grand Exportation' model.

Cheers, Ken

Yeah, I must say I don't like the look of them. I thought of the US market aspect also, but it is a RHD. I suppose you could remove them and downgrade to Club lights to improve the aesthetics.. They certainly spoil the overall effect I think. The hot pink colour is a bit confronting also.

Maybe you are showing experience you mean..

Looks like a hell of a lot of work to bring it back from the dead. Probably been sitting there out in the open for too long. Mechanical parts could be salvageable but most of the body looks shot to bits with rust, so underneath will be the same. Pity...

be interesting to look under the bonnet on both but the beige vanneau one looks very original and there might be some 'originality' clues to admire. They would definitely be good buys for anyone hunting perhaps. Whats the bloody timing chain like mate??

Not ebay, but spotted on Bring a Trailer. . .

1967 DS21BVH current bid $12,500 with 4 days to run :eek: :crazy: :cry:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-citroen-ds-2/

1967_citroen_ds_1552493604d565ef66e7dff9fDSC_8956-e1552672161259.jpg

Cheers
Chris

It is a very nice looking car. The only nitpick I can make is that the engine was replaced with a DY engine (1985cc), so it will somewhat under perform versus its original 2175cc DX engine.

It is a very nice looking car. The only nitpick I can make is that the engine was replaced with a DY engine (1985cc), so it will somewhat under perform versus its original 2175cc DX engine.

It does look good in the pics and videos - it's easy to be critical and this car has some obvious flaws, nothing that can't be put right though.

What would a car like this sell for in the USA John, here in Aus it is seen as very desirable. . .

Cheers
Chris

It does look good in the pics and videos - it's easy to be critical and this car has some obvious flaws, nothing that can't be put right though.

What would a car like this sell for in the USA John, here in Aus it is seen as very desirable. . .

Cheers
Chris

Bidding reached - BID TO US$40,500 ON 3/26/19 no longer available, but doesn't say it sold. . .

I would think about on the money here in Aus?

Cheers
Chris

Bidding reached - BID TO US$40,500 ON 3/26/19 no longer available, but doesn't say it sold. . .

I would think about on the money here in Aus?

Cheers
Chris

It did not sell, but on another forum, a person identifying himself as the previous owner admitted to a VIN swap. The car is actually a genuine 1966 DS19a Pallas, but the title and VIN plate are from a wrecked 1967 DS-21, so I would personally steer clear of this one..

It did not sell. The reserve was not met.