Citroen Ebay listings..

Interesting. I thought they had double door catches on the chapron convertibles..... Looks like I was wrong :)

That that car has no VIN or Identity plate, and is priced accordingly. It's been listed with a description on Losson's website for quite a while.
Rebuilt in '80 with authentic convertible base
To be restored, without papers and chassis number

That that car has no VIN or Identity plate, and is priced accordingly. It's been listed with a description on Losson's website for quite a while.
Rebuilt in '80 with authentic convertible base
To be restored, without papers and chassis number

how can they say authentic base...what exactly does that mean? do you think the windscreen top looks correct?
anyone know how the cabrio replica in NSW is progressing?

how can they say authentic base...what exactly does that mean? do you think the windscreen top looks correct?
anyone know how the cabrio replica in NSW is progressing?

Well, I can't read anything like that in the description. The description says:
"Cabriolet DS 1963,remonté avec pieces authentiques, a restaurer,base saine. sans plaques et sans papiers"

"reassembled with authentic parts , to be restored, healthy chassis, without number plates nor papers".

It does not say anywhere :"authentic base", but obviously got the year wrong.

The dangers of google translate!

My apologies then, on David's restored direct link, an other page opens up, and it does say:" reconstruit en 1980 sur base 21IE a partir d'un cabriolet 1963 authentique" So, in English: " rebuilt in 1980 on a 21ie chassis using an authentic 1963 cabriolet .
This is somehow different to the previous description. Ah the vagaries of Fwench....

So what I understand it to be is a 21ie chassis with authentic 1963 Cabriolet parts (not the wings!!!) rebuilt in 1980.

And vagaries of English. I believe the expression is 'different from'.

Well then you are different too:

Oxford dictionary says: "Different to is much more common in British English than American English":

If enough mistakes are made they eventually become accepted as being correct. 'Different from , similar to and compared with'.

In a living language such as English or French, the norm is, when it is accepted in the dictionary, it is correct. Cambridge dictionary says:

"The adjective different means ‘not the same’. When we compare two or more items, it is usually followed by from. We also use different to, especially in speaking"

Every modern language evolves and what may have been correct when a lot of us went to school, may no longer be correct, or the only option.
No need to hang on to it.

I am becoming less pedantic than I was. I used to rail against misuse of "Begs the question". Now I realise that was futile: there is little point fighting change in a living language. These days I save most of my effort for maintaining subtlety of meaning. For example, "compared with" when highlighting differences and "compared to" when highlighting similarities.

Roger

In a living language such as English or French, the norm is, when it is accepted in the dictionary, it is correct. Cambridge dictionary says:

"The adjective different means ‘not the same’. When we compare two or more items, it is usually followed by from. We also use different to, especially in speaking"

Every modern language evolves and what may have been correct when a lot of us went to school, may no longer be correct, or the only option.
No need to hang on to it.
Then there is the other situation where many students were just not taught correct usage in case it stifled the creativity of their expression.
The change in the English language is highlighted dramatically when one attempts to read and comprehend Chaucer.

This one has probably been seen before as it looks like it has been advertised for a while, but I'm interested in the significance of the dual headlights.? All others I have seen have one headlight glass a la CX..??

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/alexandra-hills/cars-vans-utes/citroen-gs-pallas-1977/1190705237

the dual headlights only came out on the Pallas version...not on club...I had a pallas and couldnt wait to get rid of the horrible quad lights...a bit like the pug 504

Yeah, I must say I don't like the look of them. I thought of the US market aspect also, but it is a RHD. I suppose you could remove them and downgrade to Club lights to improve the aesthetics.. They certainly spoil the overall effect I think. The hot pink colour is a bit confronting also.

AKA “Morette” as an accessory in Europe but they seemed very common in Victoria in the day.

Congratulations - hope you got a just reward for all the labour. Shame that the writer of the blurb on Carsales consistently calls it a lemon (Citron)!

Cheers

Alec