Citroen Ebay listings..

temp gauge

I was watching this one too. I did think it would be nice to have a ridgey didge temp gauge in one of my cars, but I didn't anticipate this kind of money. :blackeye:

I was watching as well and pulled out at $120.00 Someone sure wanted it!

Wolud love a box full in the garage at $255 each...:banana:

I was watching this one too. I did think it would be nice to have a ridgey didge temp gauge in one of my cars, but I didn't anticipate this kind of money. :blackeye:

NOS how often have you seen one for sale, sadly, low on my list to get my car back on the road, very nice detail for a decent car though :wink2:

Not I....but I can tell you that the guy selling is fantastic to deal with.....

For that kind of money I might start being nice too :roflmao:

I was watching as well and pulled out at $120.00 Someone sure wanted it!

Wolud love a box full in the garage at $255 each...:banana:

Hey, we might have to make up some stickers to fit that empty space, like some of the Jaeger clocks it would read correctly for at least a moment in time :tongue:

Hope the winner of that auction is well pleased with the result...

Cheers
Chris

Well I should confess that I actually do have one of these gauges, but it's not yet been installed.

So I was probably being a bit greedy going for this one as well.

The gauge mechanism is probably the same as the rather more common fuel gauge unit. If you added a sensor (the cheap bit I'd expect) and changed the face (a sticker anyone?), I'd put money on it that you could calibrate the thing to operate as a temperature gauge.

You are correct I believe David. There are others who have had success in this endeavour as I recall.

Hey Colin ( Techbuy ), that's something that might be in your line of work, or field of experience ?

The gauge mechanism is probably the same as the rather more common fuel gauge unit. If you added a sensor (the cheap bit I'd expect) and changed the face (a sticker anyone?), I'd put money on it that you could calibrate the thing to operate as a temperature gauge.
!

And that's exactly what I have done in my 23. I have no idea what temp I'm running at, but I know what is normal range and I know when the fan will kick in. That's if I haven't already flicked my over ride switch and got it going manually. :)

You are correct I believe David. There are others who have had success in this endeavour as I recall.

Hey Colin ( Techbuy ), that's something that might be in your line of work, or field of experience ?

Yes it can be done. I remember seeing an article on how to adjust it and showing the overlay.

I just cannot remember where it was.

I am looking for it.