Citroen DS4 2011 THP 200 starting issue

Dali84

Tadpole
Hi All, I own a Citroen DS4 with the zippy THP 200 motor, I hit a kangaroo while out in the country where it damaged my right light and overflow bottle, no other major damage was done, however after the accident the car would not start. It does turn over but would not start. Ive checked fuel it's fine and the battery is near new, I charged it just to be sure, also checked all the fuses they are fine. I was wondering if the DS4 has a fuel cut off switch anywhere, I checked the boot and under the glove compartment and drivers side but could not find one, if anyone has an idea what it could be I would really appreciate it, or if I should look at something else. Thank you in advance.

That happened to me, but it was normal operation of the yaw rate sensor, located in the central console. The car should restart though. It is part of the ESP system and measures rotation around the vertical axis as well as sideways acceleration. My hit caused both.
Do you have an OBD code reading? Yaw sensor faults are in the C13xx range.

Hi Seasink, thank you for replying. Did you have to replace the sensor and what does it look like?

I've had it scanned and the only codes I get is for the missing headlight and B1805(starter). Didn't find much online in regards to the B1805 code.

The engine was stopped, but I started again afterwards. I don't know that code.

The sensor is rectangular, about 50x35 with a plug on the narrow end. It will always be near the gear stick.

The engine was stopped, but I started again afterwards. I don't know that code.

The sensor is rectangular, about 50x35 with a plug on the narrow end. It will always be near the gear stick.
What you are reffering to is usually the airbag sensor, these tend to go when the airbags pop, in my case no airbags were deployed (luckily). I am waiting for a new rocker cover (can't belive they are plastic) to arrive and have ordered new spark plugs and coils, once they are in I will post if anything has changed.

This is what stopped my engine after that sharp shock.
yaw-sensor.png

I waited a while to assess what had happened, and was able to restart the engine. The car would have decellerated rapidly and yawed in the same brief time. The front also dipped (I did not brake), perhaps from stopping in gear.

Interestingly a relative also in the same model Citroen has had a kangaroo fly up over the windscreen, without the car stopping, from a hit near the .headlight.

I waited a while to assess what had happened, and was able to restart the engine. The car would have decellerated rapidly and yawed in the same brief time. The front also dipped (I did not brake), perhaps from stopping in gear.

Interestingly a relative also in the same model Citroen has had a kangaroo fly up over the windscreen, without the car stopping, from a hit near the .headlight.

I changed the coIls, spark plugs and whole new rocker cover with gaskets, still no start just a really lazy crank, still getting the code B1805 (starter). I received the new Bosch starter today and will replace that tomorrow, apparently it's a pain to change as they are at the back of the engine. Ill report back if it starts

Yes I saw the location of the starter for 1st time today. I have no idea how any human is supposed to get any tools up in this location.
A lot of patience and a handy assist is probably required.

Update us with progress

For the C4 B7, and I am assuming the DS4 based on it is similar, the factory method is to remove the battery for access, as well as the undertray. The starter then can then be removed from below near the gearbox.

For the C4 B7, and I am assuming the DS4 based on it is similar, the factory method is to remove the battery for access, as well as the undertray. The starter then can then be removed from below near the gearbox.

Starter removed, coolant filled only to find that I got water coming out of the dip stick for measuring oil. I assume the head gasket is blown unless you guys have other ideas. I bought the car like this, so dont know the history besides that it hit a kangaroo

Are heads hard to find in australia for the THP 200 engine, and is it worth fixing?

My engine looks a bit different than the 208 gti, my has a crome plate says thp 200, gti plate says same thing but looks a bit different, are you sure it will fit

Don't these engines also have the oil cooler that failed on the gaskets? Has a compression test been done?

Not yet, dunno about the cooler, can you provide more info. For some reason I think the head is gone.

Screenshot_20211113-214348_Chrome.jpg

Item A is the oil filter housing unit which has the oil cooler attached item B is prone to fail from excessive heat from turbo and leak coolant into oil and visa/versa. There is also another gasket between cooler and housing which PSA don't supply but BMW stock these.

I have just installed these to find i have a blown headgasket and won't be repairing this engine so can take the whole oil filter housing off if you're going down this path.

Id have to get a compression test done first before looking at the cooler, I think I have the same issue as you maybe even cracked head. Do you know anyone in Aus that sells THP200 engines cheap?