Citroen C6 coming soon....

I love it, so original & quirky yet so acceptable

nJm said:
Not really, the 'Gadgets' forum often has car threads. Most common is "I want to buy a hatch for $25-30,000" so naturally they turn into 8 page battles between those who love Toyota Corollas, me offering advice on the Focus/3/Golf and Uga raving on about the wonderful quality of his C4. I love dealing with his split personalities. It is always fun finding out if he loves or hates Citroens on any given day :D

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I use Aussiefrogs for complaining about my Cit, since most people already own a Cit here...

However, i promote Citroen among the Japanese lovers at Whirlpool, the more people who buy a Cit, the less depreciation on my Cits :D

Just joking :joker:

I just think that French marques on the whole are dealt with very harshly by the general public and especially those who own Japanese/Korean vehicles, most of it isn't warranted. I mean, as someone who owns two Citroens, i have the right to complain, but for those who own Japanese vehicles and have never owned a Citroen, yet see it as their right to continually label Citroen as "unreliable blah blah blah", absolutely disgraceful :mad: :nownow: :disappr:

Last edited:
Don't worry I completely agree. For ages I used to push the French cars in the various segments on there but gave up, although I do honestly believe the competition has moved it ahead of the Megane/307/C4 in many areas. But I still push 306s etc for those looking for used cars on there. I really can't stand all the "Corollas as the best cars in the world" posts, or those recommending sh*tboxes like Pulsars, Lancers and Civics against the rest of the pack. I love my froggies but don't want to be one of those blind supporters. I guess I can attribute it to us not getting some of the shockers like the Peugeot 309, Citroen ZX or the previous Renault Megane. Sure they had their charms in the same way an R19 has charm over a Laser or 323 but I still can't help but shudder at the blandness of them.

But we are way off topic here, yes I love the new C6.

mantra said:
So in essence you are saying that the current C5 has no real positive attributes? (you have said everything needs changing). Wonder why it doesn't sell then :)

Citroen (and peugeot) need to rediscover how to tune suspension. Everyone else has caught up and passed them!!
I fear that that was my impression, as a hardened French car man; I couldn't find the charm in the C5 - the petrol 2 litre was too sluggish and the diesel, while certainly torquey, was not progressive in its power delivery and a little harsh. Big outside, small inside (relatively speaking), it felt vast and a wee bit cumbersome to drive after the Xantia but yet seemed more cramped in the rear. Like the 407/307 are relative to their wheelbases.

And after putting up with a Xantia and AXGT, both bought new but both with an absolute raft of problems, there was nothing to the C5 that could make me jump back in the cold water [politely avoids indefinite ranting :) ].

But I love oleopneumatics (hence we kept Xantia) and I love the potential Citroen has - I just hope the C6 and C5 replacement actually moves the company forwards as the C4 (design-if-not-execution-wise) has.

Finaly got the time to down load the clip. Stunning , just stunning. BUT
If they are going to compeat with "sa Germans its needsa more power" (insert bad German Accent). VW get 300nm out of a 2lt 4 Turbo diesel. Please Cit up the cc to 3lt and chuck a turbo onto it. Then they might come close to BM and Merc.

Still drooooooling over the styling though

:2cents: Cheers

mattg said:
If they are going to compeat with "sa Germans its needsa more power" (insert bad German Accent). VW get 300nm out of a 2lt 4 Turbo diesel. Please Cit up the cc to 3lt and chuck a turbo onto it. Then they might come close to BM and Merc.

Yep, some big incredibly torquey engine would be pretty luxurious. Except we all know it'll have a hyperactive automatic gearbox, second guessing you and itself most of the time. And an engine with no torque down low and a jittery ride with COM2000 indicators which break.

But, it's SOOOOO goddamn sexy!

and a jittery ride with COM2000 indicators which break.

people keep mentioning this but i have had no issues with mine. I think this is a case where we only hear about the bad ones. I would say the good ones outway the faulty ones and the reports.
Mine is over 2 years old now. :confused: :confused:

mattg said:

ermm...how much torque does the latest generation PSA 2lt HDi produce...I thought it was comparable?

i guess i agree because i thought the optimal C6 would be the 2.7 HDi (turbo)diesel. Something like 440nm. Should be enough?

IIRC the C6 is getting the brand-spanking-new V6 diesel with something like 500Nm of torque.

This is the first new Citroen in years that I'm actually looking forward to seeing in the flesh...

Chris

GTI124 said:
Yep, some big incredibly torquey engine would be pretty luxurious. Except we all know it'll have a hyperactive automatic gearbox, second guessing you and itself most of the time. And an engine with no torque down low and a jittery ride with COM2000 indicators which break.

But, it's SOOOOO goddamn sexy!

It's actually got a Japanese 6-speed gearbox - which should be a lot better then the poor old 4 speed ZF.

Paul

chris said:
IIRC the C6 is getting the brand-spanking-new V6 diesel with something like 500Nm of torque.

This is the first new Citroen in years that I'm actually looking forward to seeing in the flesh...

Chris

I believe it's getting the same turbo diesel that is in the Jaguar S-Type. Very nice engine from the sound of it. Not sure if Ford has put it in anything else yet.

So to maximise both sales and exposure, yet try and built a reputation for "executive" type cars should the C6 be priced LOW (to steal sales from BMW et al) yet possibly hurt "reputation" as a serious luxury car maker ...

OR

Priced HIGH, to compete directly with the Germans and hope to win over new customers with a "quality*" approach (and pray people don't stay away cause they think it's over priced for a Frenchie - like the 607).

* this quality approach will have to filter down to dealers too, when you pay big bucks for a car you expect to be treated well too, own a lexus (yes I know it's Toyota ... sigh) and you'll see what I mean.

- xTc -

Trixie said:
440Nm @ 1900 rpm through the front wheels? :crazy:

Aren't they putting proper wishbone suspension under them again :confused: You'd be suprised, on a dry road, a petrol GTi Turbo petrol CX will efforlessly get it's 300Nm down ... 440 is a hell of a lot, then again your going to have a whopping big V6 weighing the nose down, not to mention probably a slugomatic taking a big edge off the power delivery.

I can see it being quite ok'ish :D :D If you buy me one I'll report back to you if it's acceptable or not :banana:

seeya,
Shane L.

XTC said:
* this quality approach will have to filter down to dealers too, when you pay big bucks for a car you expect to be treated well too, own a lexus (yes I know it's Toyota ... sigh) and you'll see what I mean.

- xTc -

I think the only way for Peugeot or Citroen to be perceived as "prestige" is for them to do a Lexus with their 607 and c6. For me the 607 is like the Mazda 929 form 15yr ago, nice big car that is nicely engineered and comfortable but you won’t associate them with "prestige". It took a new badge Lexus, even though everyone knows what beneath the skin. (guess Eunos didn’t work)

But the unfortuate thing is, it never going to happen! "Peugeot is a generalist manufacturer; bring innovation to the market at a price that allows people to buy it." And that’s from the mouth of their CEO Frederic Saint-Geours (Car Feb2004)
"..... What it won’t lead to is a Peugeot rival for top-end German Car. We know at that level people won’t put us on their shopping list"
So no S-class size pug then. I guess for most people its safer (for the wallet) to get a ES300 rather then a brand new 607 (the es is a clone anyway)

C6, you beauty...hope I don't see you in Price is Right.

Some friends say, hmmm your Xsara's nice, I saw a bloke win one in Price is Right, he almost had a heart attack. :clown:

Unrivalled dealer support, Lexus style, would help. I think Citroen are in a better position in this regard than for many years. People are perhaps less afraid of newfangledness too (not that olepnuematics are newfangled of course). Add in the best marketing in ages, some favourable press reports and an $80K turbo V6 FWD might sell more than a dozen a year..

Who will it compete with? Jaguars? Volvos? Saab 9-5's? That's my bet. Can't see it stealing many sales from E-class/BMW 3/5 series. And doubt the psyche that would cause one to purchase an Audi would allow a French vehicle in.

Perhaps when I'm 64, or win a competition on the back of some car polish.....

nJm said:
I guess I can attribute it to us not getting some of the shockers like the Peugeot 309, Citroen ZX I still can't help but shudder at the blandness of them.

But we are way off topic here, yes I love the new C6.
There is nothing wrong with the higher spec Citroen ZX's!!! Ive had 3 of them. They don't rust, are fast enough, and stick to the road like sh*t to a blanket!!!
Much fun can be had on the twisties!!! john s