Citroen C6 coming soon....

I was considering it... but i don't think i'll touch it with a barge pole.

No Citroen can be worth that much.. they're just not up to make "quality" - "expensive" cars.

Jaguar Yes, Citroen No.

Uga Boga, go and suck a "citron"

Uga Boga said:
I was considering it... but i don't think i'll touch it with a barge pole.

No Citroen can be worth that much.. they're just not up to make "quality" - "expensive" cars.

Jaguar Yes, Citroen No.

Look Uga Boga , I'm sure you're quite a nice guy and just been miffed by a poor quality C4, but for God sake man your avatar IS a chevron, your signature is TWO chevrons, you own 2 Citroen, so stop wheingeing about Citroen. If it's such a problem, sell them and buy a Toyota.

harrisson_citroen said:
Look Uga Boga , I'm sure you're quite a nice guy and just been miffed by a poor quality C4, but for God sake man your avatar IS a chevron, your signature is TWO chevrons, you own 2 Citroen, so stop wheingeing about Citroen. If it's such a problem, sell them and buy a Toyota.

Hey! That's the fun part of owning a Citroen :roflmao:

No, all i'm saying is, Citroen won't do so well in the "prestige" sector... They don't have the name nor quality (at the moment), to hold up against some of the other brands in the same sector.

How many 607's does Poo-goe sell per year here?

Ahem

Uga Boga said:
Hey! That's the fun part of owning a Citroen :roflmao:

No, all i'm saying is, Citroen won't do so well in the "prestige" sector... They don't have the name nor quality (at the moment), to hold up against some of the other brands in the same sector.

How many 607's does Poo-goe sell per year here?

Well I get your point but even this is debatable as Citroen has always been perceived in many countries (maybe not Australia, true) as being different,
expensive, and yes prestigious. When I was a kid growing up in France the
favorite car of the professions were the DS pallas, later on it was the CX,
as you can see now President Chirac already has a C6.
However I get your point that HERE in Australia, Citroen is not PERCEIVED yet
as prestigious but that is only due to the fact marketing has not been pushed hard enough, it has been too sporadic. Whilst the Germans made prestige their "niche" here. Give Citroen time and hopefully the perception will change.

None, really. They only build them because the French government buys them.

The C6 though, it is an individual car, I think it could be popular with a certain group of people.

Today, I saw a Citroen SM in Toorak Villiage (its mentioned on this forum before I think), it reminded me of what Citroen can do when it works. I hope they have done their homework with the C6!

harrisson_citroen said:
Well I get your point but even this is debatable as Citroen has always been perceived in many countries (maybe not Australia, true) as being different,
expensive, and yes prestigious. When I was a kid growing up in France the
favorite car of the professions were the DS pallas, later on it was the CX,
as you can see now President Chirac already has a C6.
However I get your point that HERE in Australia, Citroen is not PERCEIVED yet
as prestigious but that is only due to the fact marketing has not been pushed hard enough, it has been too sporadic. Whilst the Germans made prestige their "niche" here. Give Citroen time and hopefully the perception will change.

Well... definitely, the older Cits were considered prestige.. But after Poo-goe bought Citroen, wasn't Citroen made the budget brand of the two?

Just look at the depreciation and price cuts from dealers in the U.K on Cits....

Sergetov said:
None, really. They only build them because the French government buys them.

The C6 though, it is an individual car, I think it could be popular with a certain group of people.

!

that's what I was trying to say. This might actually BE the one to launch CITROEN for good in Australia in the prestige market.

A fine exemple of that was Subaru. Do you remember the ad "SUBA...Who"
Buyers stayed away in drove, even the name kept people away, no one wanted a bar of Subaru, not so long ago. It only took the WRX to change all thatand establish them here for good

Uga Boga said:
Well... definitely, the older Cits were considered prestige.. But after Poo-goe bought Citroen, wasn't Citroen made the budget brand of the two?

Just look at the depreciation and price cuts from dealers in the U.K on Cits....

I suppose it is true when you put it like that. Don't forget they were desperate times, therefore desperate measured were needed. Citroen had to be"blanderised" or die. That's the price they paid. Now they've pulled through and my feeling is, Citroen Pride is back and...they must be pinning to get even.

I know it is just marketing but that video coupled with the music and the french language at the end is total class. :2cents: :headbang: :tongue: I keep watching it over and over. I love it.

IMHO citroen need to get into Motorsport here if they want to get anyware. They have won the WRC so bring over a C4 and build it to our proto type regs and show the rice boys how it is done. (this is coming from an ex owner of 2 VR4 galants) If ford can see the value in the ARC surely citroen could make a go of it. Give them 5 years and they would be outselling the Subys. It's not an over night thing.

The only reason the WRX is still around is because it is a rally king. Citroen obviously know how to build a AWD turbo for production and sell it by the boat load. Make it "real citroen" with decent suspension firmed up a bit, chuck in a 170kw motor and you could sell it to the massesor 45K. Up it to 220 as a giant killer for 60K.

The only reason I even considered a Xsara is because of the Loab effect every 3rd sunday afternoon on 10.

Rant over :2cents:

Cheers

Uga Boga said:

Maybe you should change your name to Mini- Double Chevron.

mattg said:
IMHO citroen need to get into Motorsport here if they want to get anyware. They have won the WRC so bring over a C4 and build it to our proto type regs and show the rice boys how it is done. (this is coming from an ex owner of 2 VR4 galants) If ford can see the value in the ARC surely citroen could make a go of it. Give them 5 years and they would be outselling the Subys. It's not an over night thing.

The only reason the WRX is still around is because it is a rally king. Citroen obviously know how to build a AWD turbo for production and sell it by the boat load. Make it "real citroen" with decent suspension firmed up a bit, chuck in a 170kw motor and you could sell it to the massesor 45K. Up it to 220 as a giant killer for 60K.

The only reason I even considered a Xsara is because of the Loab effect every 3rd sunday afternoon on 10.

Rant over :2cents:

Cheers
A C5-sized car that actually looks good, with whiz-bang oleopneumatic suspension, AWD and the choice of a decent turbo-diesel (not that weedy 2.2 HDi 4-cyl) or V6 power and better weight distribution please.......

A C5-sized car that actually looks good, with whiz-bang oleopneumatic suspension, AWD and the choice of a decent turbo-diesel (not that weedy 2.2 HDi 4-cyl) or V6 power and better weight distribution please.......

So in essence you are saying that the current C5 has no real positive attributes? (you have said everything needs changing). Wonder why it doesn't sell then :)

Citroen (and peugeot) need to rediscover how to tune suspension. Everyone else has caught up and passed them!!

harrisson_citroen said:

C'mon, I'm sure Uga Boga can sure up his Cit loving credentials on Whirlpool's car forum :D

Pug307 said:
C'mon, I'm sure Uga Boga can sure up his Cit loving credentials on Whirlpool's car forum :D

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I could use some help... i am swamped by EX-Aussiefroggers discrediting French vehicles... :nownow: .

That really is one damn fine looking car. Very drool worthy. I think it could be the car that makes Citroen again. It certainly has all the makings to do it.

I'd consider one second hand...

Don't think it's fair comparing it to the 607. The 607 isn't anything too flash. Looks nice enough, but not gob smackingly gorgeous like the C6.

Only concern I'd have is they appear to use the same switchgear from the 307 on the doors. Come on Citroen, use some nicer switchgear on a car that costs this much!

Not really, the 'Gadgets' forum often has car threads. Most common is "I want to buy a hatch for $25-30,000" so naturally they turn into 8 page battles between those who love Toyota Corollas, me offering advice on the Focus/3/Golf and Uga raving on about the wonderful quality of his C4. I love dealing with his split personalities. It is always fun finding out if he loves or hates Citroens on any given day :D