Citroen C6 coming soon....

GTI124 said:
I believe it's getting the same turbo diesel that is in the Jaguar S-Type. Very nice engine from the sound of it. Not sure if Ford has put it in anything else yet.
Yes, they have been using it in the Land Rover discovery for over a year now!
john s

Hey,

Anyone know If the C6 will be at the Sydney Motor show?

Id sure love to have a good look at it - such an awesome design fron Citroen, first the C4 and now this :D

Stalled

So if people feel it's not a BMW /Merc competitor .. who should they pitch it at ?

Jaguars X-Type ?
Volvo S60/S80 ?
Lexus ES300 ?
Alfa 156 ?

or even

Ford LTD
Holdon Callis :eek:

As Pug found out with the 607 ... it's a tough crowd (lots of loyalty to break there), at least the C6 looks more promising, the 607 always felt like a tarted up 406 or 307 to me (sitting behind the wheel it felt like a 307 with leather.)

- xTc -

I think it's a BMW/Merc competitor. I can see it in Double Bay. But how they get exposure to sell to that market is another matter.

GTI124 said:
I think it's a BMW/Merc competitor. I can see it in Double Bay. But how they get exposure to sell to that market is another matter.
BMW and Merc sell for their perceived quality, reliability, the prestige of the badge and the promise of RWD providing superior dynamics. Above all else, when spending that sort of money, retained value comes in to play. I really don't see the C6 stealing that many sales from those type of buyers.

I wonder if Ateco could match the BMW X5's 48-month/60% 'guaranteed future value' deals.....

Uga Boga said:
I was considering it... but i don't think i'll touch it with a barge pole.

No Citroen can be worth that much.. they're just not up to make "quality" - "expensive" cars.

Jaguar Yes, Citroen No.

Are you implying that Jaguar make "quality" expensive cars?

Surely you jest. Jaguars are undeniably one of the most unrelaible, expensive to maintain and fastest depreciating cars in Australia.

Tha IS a fact.

GTI124 said:

Yes, but suspect that the Cit is more likely to be on the shopping list of the person who wants the luxury vehicle that isn't a BMW or a Merc. The niche occupied by Saab, Peugeot and to some extent Audi and Volvo may be more likely. I've had dealer principals tell me that there's little cross over between these groups.

frogslegs said:
Are you implying that Jaguar make "quality" expensive cars?

Surely you jest. Jaguars are undeniably one of the most unrelaible, expensive to maintain and fastest depreciating cars in Australia.

Tha IS a fact.

What have you been drinking? :roflmao:

frogslegs said:
Experience working in a Prestige Car Dealership, which included a new Jaguar Franchise.

...and yet the new XJ achieved first place in the BBC Top Gear Satisfaction surveys. That would seem to indicate that the XJ, at least, has improved the problems that plagued Jaguar.

However, you do state that you work in a Jaguar dealership which gives you the fact that this brand has problems. Have you worked in BMW and Mercedes dealerships to give a balanced opinion on this "fact" of unreliability? I can understand you would be exposed to many problems when working for a dealership, I just think it can give a slightly skewed view?

Your thoughts?

S-type Jag, according to Redbook; about 57% at 3 years.
MB 240E 67% at 3 years (average trade-in valuation)

But what's $10K, a mere $277 every month for 3 years?

Oh and I think Top Gear is British, although I'm sure that wouldn't matter :clown: .

Well.. owning a citroen you should be use to that as well :wink2: Especially compared to a Subaru......

Trixie said:
S-type Jag, according to Redbook; about 57% at 3 years.
MB 240E 67% at 3 years (average trade-in valuation)

Oh and I think Top Gear is British, although I'm sure that wouldn't matter :clown: .

There's no doubt that Jaguars have a pretty severe depreciation rate in Australia. The Top Gear survey is British, but it takes into account reliability as a key factor (as well as things like dealer support). I'm just wondering how much of the depreciation is related to perception versus an actual reliability problem.

mantra said:
Well.. owning a citroen you should be use to that as well :wink2: Especially compared to a Subaru......
Yes, strangely I am rather familiar with depreciation. Fortunately the purchase of the Xantia corresponded helpfully with French nuclear testing in the Pacific and hence a healthy cash-back :) . Nevertheless, they are a bother to sell and nice to have so she stays with us.

Attachments

• c6 pale interior.jpg
    c6 pale interior.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 217